Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
3 More Silver's at The Home Site...
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: May 03, 2017 02:53PM
Howdy --

We went back to that home site that yielded that last Walking Liberty half and other silver coins. We were under the impression that it had been mowed since our last hunt. Well, it hadn't been mowed. Darn it! I wiggled my coil in the open spots and kicked down some of the weeds and was rewarded with 3 silver dimes: a 1944-D Merc, a 1952 Roosevelt and a 1958-D Roosevelt. I also dug some kind of brass embellishment for perhaps a belt and an unfired .45 A.C.P. round. It's always nice to find usable ammo! I also dug 1 wheat cent - a 1944-D and a little over $3 in clad. My buddy, Kenneth, dug a 1941 Merc and some clad. I know that there has to be more silver there so the next time we go there I WILL load my lawn mower! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Re: 3 More Silver's at The Home Site...
Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: May 03, 2017 03:47PM
Not bad :). I haven't found that much silver only 1 silver coin but at least it was a half dollar.

Posted by: texjim
Date: May 03, 2017 07:02PM
Nice days hunt... Good job. Can't wait to see what you pull out when the place is mowed.

Date: May 05, 2017 10:07AM
Thanks Jimmy. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: May 05, 2017 10:10AM
Thanks Zinc Penny. That's a GREAT way to start your silver collection with a silver Half! I hope that there are many more to come. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: May 05, 2017 02:13PM
Blind Squirrel
Thanks Zinc Penny. That's a GREAT way to start your silver collection with a silver Half! I hope that there are many more to come. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Yep, I was blown away I thought it was fake at first lol, I'm still searching for another silver. It does get discouraging when you don't find silver in areas you know should have it. But now that I got a v3i I'm hitting areas again and I'm finding the V3i to be deep spent 2 hours out with it yesterday and found majority of targets we're at 6 plus inches dug a penny at 9 using the stock programs so I must have crazy good soil or something lol.

Date: May 05, 2017 04:50PM
Well, Zinc Penny, you are swinging a darned good detector and yes you do have good soil! Keep swinging it "low and slow" and the silver will flow! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: May 05, 2017 05:33PM
Any recommendations for basic tweaks that would help with silver hunting? I have been trying out a couple programs I modified the coins and have been using that the deep silver is a bit noisy and didn't seem to want to work very well for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login