Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
V3i and TRX not working well together
Posted by: Trance
Date: May 27, 2017 12:38PM
I just got a new TRX and took it out this morning with my V3i. My V3i was running smooth until I started digging the first target. It started making all kinds of noises like I set it down close to a metal pole. Wasn't sure what the problem was until about the third target when I realized it was only happening when I turned the TRX on. Has anyone else had this problem?

Re: V3i and TRX not working well together
Posted by: SilverQuarter
Date: June 02, 2017 10:33PM
To get around this you can hit the menu button, which will temporarily shut off the coil. When you finish with the target, squeeze and release the trigger to reactivate the coil. I do this every time I dig a target.

Posted by: PostalTwo
Date: June 03, 2017 04:41AM
I'm it the habit of hitting menu as well so that the v pauses ground tracking . If u set the machine down over a target with tracking on ,when u start hunting again the gb will be out

Posted by: Johnny Quattro
Date: August 29, 2017 12:34PM
Very good info. I never thought about hitting menu during a dig. I would always just rebalance.
This will save a lot of time !! Thanks !!

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: August 29, 2017 01:09PM
The coil is still radiating even in menu-selection. I use the menu trick to preserve the GB. You might still get cross talk with the TRX though.

Posted by: grumpyjohn
Date: August 29, 2017 04:21PM
This trick will work with any make of pin pointer if there is interference between it and the V3i.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login