Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Just got a V3i
Posted by: boomerang
Date: September 01, 2017 11:05PM
I'm brand new to Metal Detecting. And new here.

I just got a V3i less than 24 hours ago and put it together. It seems like a great machine that I have sooooo much to learn about.

While I was trying it out and sweeping, the arm cuff made clicking noises even after I tightened it and seemed loose. I inspected it and was a bit disappointed that a machine at this tier would have such an issue. I was about to get out the duct tape or make some other modification to it when i realized if i just squeezed the cuff together at the top as I tightened it, all was well. :)

Sorry to sound like such a noob but hey, I am!!

Cheers!!! Gold Coins and Diamond Rings!!
-boomerang

Re: Just got a V3i
Posted by: JC99328
Date: September 02, 2017 10:45AM
Mine's sloppy too which I also dislike.

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: September 03, 2017 10:53AM
Mine clean clicked too but a combination of squeezing the cuff tighter and really tightening down the thumbscrew extra made it go away. Been years now and it hasn't returned.

Congrats on the new V3i!

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030

Posted by: Waterdog
Date: September 04, 2017 12:54PM
Time out with the machine, digging targets will get you used to what it is telling you. Don't be afraid to ask questions as you go along that is how we all learn here.
Mine clicks too.

Posted by: shelton7522
Date: September 06, 2017 02:22AM
This will pay back soon. Just learn it.

Posted by: MackDog
Date: September 08, 2017 06:01PM
Read all the different forums post on the V3i you'll love it. The big secrets go slow and only change one setting at a time.

Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: September 09, 2017 06:32PM
Man you picked a beast of a machine to be your first!! The v3i is so easy to mess up where you wont find much. Just get lots of hours in with the stock programs, before you start tweaking things.

Posted by: tkcenterline
Date: September 13, 2017 08:43AM
I have a V3I for years. Love it. But I had the same wobble at the arm rest. I ended up taking a pair of large needle nose pliers, removing the arm rest and bending the top of the arm rest area that wraps the pipe on both sides. Then put the arm rest back on. Its harder to put back on now because its tighter. Tighten the screws and it works now. Good luck.

Posted by: wasp
Date: September 14, 2017 11:30PM
I used a couple of very thin pieces of cardboard to shim my arm rest. If I remember correctly, it's been almost 5 years, I cut strips from a business card.

White's MX Sport w/stock 10" coil, 13" Ultimate, 950 Sport, 6x10 Sport, 7" Detech
White's V3i w/Super 12, D2, Eclipse 950, Eclipse DD, Eclipse 5.3, 4x6 Shooter, SEF 10x12 (white), SEF 6x8
White's DFX w/D2, Eclipse 950, SEF 10x12 (black), Sun Ray DX-1
Bounty Hunter Platinum w/stock coil
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger - 10", 8", 4" coils
Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche diggers
White's TRX

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login