Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Help me keep my V3i
Posted by: Waterdog
Date: September 10, 2017 11:07PM
First time out with a group of friends
I went out to a local school/park today and things were just not adding up. I had the sensitivity at Rx 8, all metal at 55, and disc at 80. I was getting quarters at 90,91 and 85. I was getting a lot of 66 readings, and nickles at 17 to 24. Nothing seemed to want to hit right. I ground balanced and it seemed to go easy at first. Then later I tried to ground balance and all the bars stayed to the left without moving. Am I set up wrong or is there something i am missing here.

Re: Help me keep my V3i
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: September 11, 2017 02:19AM
Howdy Waterdog--

You didn't mention what coil you were using, what program you were using or what frequency - Best Data? Correlate? or a single frequency? Or what filters you were using? In any event, it sounds like your sensitivities were too high for the ground you were hunting. If you haven't already, I would suggest that you put the following on your "live search screen" : Sensitivity, Filters, Recovery Delay, and Bottle Cap Reject. Those are the adjustments that I have found to be the most frequently made in the field. Because of trash and ground conditions, every site can warrant a different setting. Also, after a good ground balance , you might consider using Lock Track. In my experience, I have had no problem getting a 7" Merc using the 6x10 coil, Correlate On, 7.5 Band Pass, Recovery Delay 50, with the following sensitivities: Rx Gain 6, All metal 50 and disc Sens @ 55. My rule of thumb is when I get erratic VDI's - REDUCE sensitivities. Curious, what were all of your 66 VDI's? Can Slaw, screw caps or...? I hope that these suggestions are helpful. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Re: Help me keep my V3i
Posted by: MackDog
Date: September 14, 2017 04:55PM
Make a test garden by burying coins at different levels then adjust your detector to where you hear the best signal and deepest. Only change one setting at a time do you know what to undo if it messes up. By the way in our highly mineralized soil in Spokane I can only go to 7on sensitivity. But when using the Deetct 12x15 I have found dimes over 8" IHPs over 10". Good luck

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login