Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I get my V3i today :beers:
Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: October 31, 2017 05:28AM
I get my V3i today.
I am used to swinging those "multi-frequency" detectors and so am going to try out the V3i and see how it does.

I'm sure it's going to take some time to interpret the sounds rather than just going by VDI.

I've heard that the lowest freq. punches deepest? I'm curious how much deeper than running the three freqs together?

It will come with three coils. Plus I have the 13" SEF. I ordered the RNB Li-Ion battery pack. Now I just need to order the rain and dust covers.

This will help you get started, Tony
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: October 31, 2017 12:21PM
Hi Tony,
This will help you get started. Just something I put together to help me with understanding the Gain and Threshold interactions. Just remember that on the V3, the Gain is call RX-Gain, and the Threshold is called Discrimination. I was using the 950 concentric coil.

For each Gain section, the top row is three frequency response, the bottom row is single frequency response. Shout out if you need additional clarification of what you are looking at.

As you can see, single frequency really starts to pull ahead as the gain setting increases. I only filled in the blanks until I got the picture I needed to see. Others might need more blanks filled in. Someday I might finish it for my own reference.

More than likely you'd want to make your own.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Re: This will help you get started, Tony
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: October 31, 2017 02:56PM
Mike Hillis
Hi Tony,
This will help you get started. Just something I put together to help me with understanding the Gain and Threshold interactions. Just remember that on the V3, the Gain is call RX-Gain, and the Threshold is called Discrimination. I was using the 950 concentric coil.

For each Gain section, the top row is three frequency response, the bottom row is single frequency response. Shout out if you need additional clarification of what you are looking at.

As you can see, single frequency really starts to pull ahead as the gain setting increases. I only filled in the blanks until I got the picture I needed to see. Others might need more blanks filled in. Someday I might finish it for my own reference.

More than likely you'd want to make your own.

HH
Mike

I'm kind of lost on the chart. Under Threshold, what does "20, 40, 60, 80,85, 90," represent?
I'm not sure what the numbers under the 20,40, 60 etc. represent either.

Re: I get my V3i today :beers:
Posted by: wasp
Date: November 05, 2017 01:04PM
Mike, your chart is very interesting and informative. Very good depths for most coin shooting situations using relatively low gain & disc (threshold) sensitivity settings. Then by switching to single frequency using the same disc & gain settings achieves additional depth.

Thanks for sharing.

White's MX Sport w/stock 10" coil, 13" Ultimate, 950 Sport, 6x10 Sport, 7" Detech
White's V3i w/Super 12, D2, Eclipse 950, Eclipse DD, Eclipse 5.3, 4x6 Shooter, SEF 10x12 (white), SEF 6x8
White's DFX w/D2, Eclipse 950, SEF 10x12 (black), Sun Ray DX-1
Bounty Hunter Platinum w/stock coil
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger - 10", 8", 4" coils
Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche diggers
White's TRX

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login