Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Went out to my coin garden with my V3i
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: November 10, 2017 04:03PM
I went out to my coin garden with my V3i at lunch to test out the V3i some more.

I was in High Pro. The detector not only hit really good on my 9+ inch deep Lincoln copper but also on my 9+ inch deep dime.

Not only that, I was able to raise the coil three inches at least and it still gave a good hit on the coins. Not as good as scrubbing the ground but still a digable response!

None of my other detectors have been able to accomplish this. In fact, my other detectors struggle to hit the coins!

Re: Went out to my coin garden with my V3i
Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: November 10, 2017 04:06PM
Fine machine you have there Tony I hope you have A successful weekend with it!

Date: November 10, 2017 04:11PM
Thanks buddy! I appreciate the sentiment.
I still can't believe this. My Minelabs all struggled to hit those two coins. All my other detectors also could hardly hit them with a digable signal. Sure, the Minelabs hit them, but would I dig them in the wild not knowing what was down there?
I might out of curiosity. I do know I have dug very deep coins with my Minelabs. Maybe I'm not holding my tongue right?

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: November 10, 2017 06:46PM
Tony N (Michigan)
I went out to my coin garden with my V3i at lunch to test out the V3i some more.

I was in High Pro. The detector not only hit really good on my 9+ inch deep Lincoln copper but also on my 9+ inch deep dime.

Not only that, I was able to raise the coil three inches at least and it still gave a good hit on the coins. Not as good as scrubbing the ground but still a digable response!

None of my other detectors have been able to accomplish this. In fact, my other detectors struggle to hit the coins!

I have NEVER seen a 9" penny with either of the two V3i units I have owned, not even quarters at 9-10. My Etrac and Explorer SE Pro finds then but none with the headroom you seem to get with raising the coil. what soil condition do you have? I have never gotten good depth with any reasonable Vdi with the Whites V3i. You should keep that one you own. I think it is "special."

To clarify, my comparisons were in 3 frequency. I can run 2.5 frequency and get depth. Kinda defeats the purpose of owning a multi frequency machine to go away from 3-freq

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2017 06:52PM by 5900_XL-1.

Date: November 11, 2017 09:05AM
5900_XL-1
Tony N (Michigan)

I have NEVER seen a 9" penny with either of the two V3i units I have owned, not even quarters at 9-10. My Etrac and Explorer SE Pro finds then but none with the headroom you seem to get with raising the coil. what soil condition do you have? I have never gotten good depth with any reasonable Vdi with the Whites V3i. You should keep that one you own. I think it is "special."

To clarify, my comparisons were in 3 frequency. I can run 2.5 frequency and get depth. Kinda defeats the purpose of owning a multi frequency machine to go away from 3-freq

Yea, I might have gotten my hands on a freaky good V3i. I don't know. The soil here, at least where the coin garden is, I would say it is medium soil. If I go 50 yards to the west, it can get to very hard clay type soil.
My Explorer SE Pro and Etrac could just barely hit them. Now I must say this, maybe if the coins were in the ground for 60 some years, the Minelabs might hit them harder? I don't know.
What state do you live in?

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: November 11, 2017 12:53PM
Running single frequency gets you a lot more depth. Like on the order of 30% more. The three frequency is great for jewelry or when hunting for shallower targets, but to get any really good depth, you need to run in single frequency. I use both single and 3 F depending on what type of hunting I'm doing. 2.5 crushes it on the real deep coins. 7.5 is almost as deep and quieter and more stable than 2.5, for me anyway. Basically I usually run in 3F unless I'm specifically looking for real deeptargets because the 3F information and screen are so useful.

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Enjoying this great hobby since 1980

Posted by: MackDog
Date: November 11, 2017 10:05PM
In Spokane we have highly mineralized soil. I hit IHP's to 9" other day I hit a 1874 Seated dime at 9" in a trashy area. Sometimes the moisture helps. I use a V3i with the Detech 12x15 coil

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login