Findmall.com

Maps & Mapping Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Overlaying images on Google Earth: Part2
Posted by: martygene
Date: March 30, 2014 08:58AM
I have been able to get an old map over laid onto GE and didn't click OK so that I can see the green handles and can set the opaue to were I can see thru the old map. but... trying to line it up with GE takes a long time. I am hoping that one of you guys can help me figure out how to line it up a little easier. I use the X to put the old map on someplace in GE that is the same as on the old map, but when I start widening it , it moves so I have to realign the center again, then I stretch it out from the bottom for example and I have to go to the x and realign it again, I have to keep doing this every time that move any one of the edges or corners. it takes forever to get it close. Is there a better way to do this?
Thanks...

Posted by: martygene
Date: March 30, 2014 10:02AM
I have been able to get an old map over laid onto GE and didn't click OK so that I can see the green handles and can set the opaue to were I can see thru the old map. but... trying to line it up with GE takes a long time. I am hoping that one of you guys can help me figure out how to line it up a little easier. I use the X to put the old map on someplace in GE that is the same as on the old map, but when I start widening it , it moves so I have to realign the center again, then I stretch it out from the bottom for example and I have to go to the x and realign it again, I have to keep doing this every time that move any one of the edges or corners. it takes forever to get it close. Is there a better way to do this?
Thanks...

Posted by: LabradorBob
Date: March 31, 2014 07:20PM
I pick land marks and keep messing with it untill they are lined up where i want them.

Missouri

Remember to keep those coil covers clean!
Go to the Maps and mapping forum here:
http://www.findmall.com/list.php?69

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login