Findmall.com

Maps & Mapping Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Screen capture tool for windows 7
Posted by: Robert DAV
Date: March 20, 2013 09:07PM
Another easy to use tool is Quick Screen Capture, and it is free. Do a search it is easy to locate I found it at Tucows or CNet.

Posted by: nick777
Date: May 28, 2013 08:41PM
You guys do know that the Snipping Tool comes with Windows 7, right? You can find it quick in your start menu by typing "snip" or look for it in the accessories folder. Has a couple of options for screen captures... free form, rectangular, window or full screen.

Posted by: Steve O
Date: June 07, 2013 02:05PM
Didn't know that nick, thanks!

Posted by: ironsight
Date: June 15, 2015 09:30AM
Birdseed
Maybe I'm on the wrong train but, I have just checked out on my laptop which has Windows 7 and I can invoke a screen capture simply by hitting Ctrl & Prt Sc keys simultaneously. This action then saves the current screen to the clipboard. The screen capture can then be pasted into Word, Paint, an email or any number of other software packages. This has worked with all versions of Windows that I have used. See below.

Bingo!!
I've been using that method for years. Works great.
Still running XP, last of the last holdouts. Running Win8 on my Laptop but haven't tried it yet.

Hit the Print Screen key
Open Windows Paint
Click on Paste
Click on Save As (defaults to a *.bmp file) with XP, don't know about Win7,8

Then i'll load the file into Photoshop for modifying; crop, add notes, enhance, resize, save as *.jpg, etc.

Posted by: Joe Z
Date: June 15, 2015 10:55AM
I've been using Jing for years now for a capture tool..... It puts a little "Sun" icon up top your screen and it's always there and lets you pick the portion of the screen you want instead of the whole screen
http://jing.en.softonic.com/

All the windows capture programs work fine but i find adding text and more easier with Jing

New River, AZ
Tesoro Vaquero
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites Goldmaster GMT

Posted by: stonewal
Date: October 27, 2015 07:33AM
You right about computers.Very smart. Beat me at chess but no match for me at kickboxing.: )

Posted by: icemncmth
Date: November 10, 2015 06:51AM
I have used FS Capture for years. Its portable so you so you don't have to install it. The newer version is 20 bucks but this one is still free and works.

FS Capture Portable

Posted by: Explorer
Date: December 09, 2015 07:13PM
Windows 7 in "Accessories" has a "Snipping Tool" which you can pin to the task bar and capture any portion of a active screen or image. Then save it to any file folder you want and use it like you want.
For example like this:

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living." and "Keep digging till you drop!"

Detectors.... V3i 6-2013, DFX 12-2005, Spectrum XLT (2015-for loaner) and Spectrum Eagle 6-1992 (retired).

Posted by: KinTN
Date: December 20, 2015 12:35PM
THANKS, Explorer. I didn't know I had that available. Very handy.

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: woody
Date: December 20, 2015 08:41PM
My first computer was in the late 1980's. I know only a little more now than I knew then. My eyes continue to glaze, my blood pressure rises, my pulse goes crazy when I read what you guys can do with a computer. My first computer? I took it to my back yard and shot it twice with my .44 magnum. One of my neighbors called the cops. The Sgt. got to laughing so hard I thought he might have a heart attack. He asked me please not to buy any more computers. I didn't for about 20 years. True story! Moral? Do not trust electrons!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login