Findmall.com

Garrett Scorpion Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Modified Scorpion?
Posted by: warsawdaddy
Date: April 11, 2010 12:17PM
Will Garrett ever modify the battery situation on the Scorpion?I had a Scorpion and got rid of it because of the difficulty of changing batteries.This old(75) guy needs something simpliar to do.

Re: Modified Scorpion?
Posted by: Uncle Willy
Date: April 11, 2010 12:31PM
Yeah I've been after them forever to revamp and modernize the Scorpion but so far it has fallen on deaf ears. Maybe if this forum gets real popular they will get the message.

Bill

Posted by: BigCatDaddy
Date: April 11, 2010 01:17PM
It is an odd set-up, but since they used the same case from the Freedom Ace series, it made sense at the time. I agree it's time for an upgrade to something more modern looking as well as switching to perhaps AA batteries.

Posted by: Fraulein
Date: April 11, 2010 02:10PM
Hello! Although I am still new to metal detecting, I am looking for my next machine, maybe for next year. I will want a machine for gold prospecting as well as coins and relic hunting. Since I already have an ACE 250, I would like to remain with Garrett, but the idea of having to practically dismantle the entire machine to change the batteries is a major turn off for me. On top of this, this machine takes 3 X 9 volts batteries. I would rather have a machine that works with AA batteries. AA batteries are the most commonly found batteries in any stores and there are often sales on them. You can readily find AA batteries on sale. You can buy a package of 12 alkaline AA batteries for less than half the price on a single 9 volts alkaline battery.

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: April 11, 2010 04:57PM
I only use rechargeable 9 volts and average about 2-3 hunts per charge. Always carry a set of achalines just in case.

Difficulty changing batteriers? Heck no! My kids can do that..... :rofl:

Date: April 11, 2010 06:59PM
Yeah I always carry alkies for spares when my chargeables crap out. Costco used to have 48 of them for $10.99. Think they still do.

Bill

Date: April 11, 2010 07:03PM
Yeah as great a machine as it is that is the main pain in the rump with it. I've been afrer Garretr forever to revamp it. But it's a small ptice to pay for a machine that does everything.

Bill

Posted by: bearkat4160
Date: April 11, 2010 11:03PM
Good to have this new Garrett forum here!

Before I moved to Oregon (just under 2 years ago) I sent Garrett an email about the Scopion being upgraded/updated and there response in email was that "the engineers are considering updating the Scorpion" as far as when they didnt say. So 2 years have passed and maybe a new version will be out soon!

Still a great underrated machine and fun to use in the goldfields.

New version always will be welcome with me...

Hope to get some Scorpion hunts in soon to post here. Stinking weather is nasty.

Alan

Minelab GPX 5000, Garrett ATX, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Bug II, Garrett GTI 2500, Infinium LS, Ace 250, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT Gold.

Date: April 12, 2010 12:17AM
Yeah I've been after them to modernize it but nothing yet.

Bill

Posted by: PennyFinder
Date: April 12, 2010 05:49PM
Those new Lithium Ion 9volt rechargables and a charging jack installed should ease your pain. This is one mod Garrett should do, if nothing else.

PennyFinder

:garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login