Findmall.com

Garrett Scorpion Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Scorpion on it's way out?
Posted by: Robert2300
Date: December 27, 2013 05:20AM
I've noticed there are very few post here. Wonder if it's because
of all the newer machines making the front page.

Re: Scorpion on it's way out?
Posted by: CladDog
Date: December 27, 2013 09:16AM
Garrett no longer makes the Scorpion. It was replaced by the AT Gold. I am not sure about the future of this forum page. You are right in that there are few posts now.

Posted by: Bugar In. USA
Date: December 27, 2013 06:44PM
Yep=They quit makin it, and everbody jumped ship for the new AT's, but amazing as it is the detectors still work quite well, I love mine, and still find the same things as the AT's do:garrett:

Posted by: Fishers Ghost
Date: December 29, 2013 04:11AM
Yes the Scorp is fading fast but it is still a good gold finder and the calibrated TR Disc mode is great for testing ore samples for metal/mineral content.

Posted by: James02
Date: December 29, 2013 08:15PM
The Scorpion is still part of my gold hunting equipment. It will work in ground that cripples my detector that I use for fine gold.

Not being manufactured anymore:garrett:
Posted by: Bugar In. USA
Date: December 30, 2013 11:51AM
Like the Troy Shadow, or the Fisher CZ5,Minelab Musketeer, or some of the others, most of the manufacturers have noticed we are in a digital world, (HAVE YOU SEEN ANYONE LATELY WITH A CELL PHONE?+DIGITAL) gotta go where the money is and what is popular, folk like push buttons and automatic settings,, yeah my friends and I have some LCD detectors, use them time to time, but when we get serious, and want to GET IT ALL, UH-HUH=ALL, it's SCORPION TIME, serious detectors, and the real deal:garrett:

Posted by: Joe(TX)
Date: January 04, 2014 04:48PM
...Well if the Gold Scorpion is already out ....then mine is Really Out ....I am still using the Garrett Gold Hunter....I guess that it would be the Grand Daddy of the Gold Scorpion!!....LOL.....Joe

Posted by: 1950cupajo
Date: May 09, 2014 11:56PM
I had the one before the Scorpion, can't even remember what they called it "Gold Hunter A3B"

Here is an interesting post by John-Edmonton http://www.findmall.com/read.php?79,1864123,1864123#msg-1864123 by John-Edmonton

1950Cupajo / aka Jim

Things I have found to be true

Date: May 14, 2014 02:16PM
I already posted here on this topic but in regards to this machine going on it's way out I think not. There are 49 new topics, and 135 new post? How is that on it's way out?

Please know I am not getting up on my hind legs with you, just making an observation. :biggrin:

1950Cupajo / aka Jim

Date: May 14, 2014 02:26PM
Joe (Tex)

You still have your A3B? I bought mine way back in 86 i think.
I sold mine to a friend that is still using it. Dame nice machine.

1950Cupajo / aka Jim

Posted by: Mega
Date: May 20, 2014 11:21AM
Would like some help regarding the Garrett Scorpion,i am based out of the UK so no gold nuggett hunting over here but i have been offered a mint condition Scorpion for a very reasonable price,are they any good for detecting silver coins as over here we have alot of silver hammered coins and my way of thinking is although it does not have a meter wa wondering if its worth buying.

I dont have any indication of how old the machine is but going by the condition maybe just a few years old and i dont think i have ever seen one being used over here either,so is it just a gold machine and nothing else or could it be a secret weapon that i can use on some of my sites which are roman and saxon.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: Mega
Date: May 21, 2014 04:00AM
Although originally i was interested in this machine i have decided i dont think its best suited for what i was looking at using it for.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login