Findmall.com

Garrett Scorpion Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
First Time Scorpion user
Posted by: Ynot havago
Date: June 09, 2014 08:21AM
Hello I recently got a scorpion for my first detector and am having a ball with it. Still learning how to use it properly ie ground balance. Went to a local swimming hole and found five dollars in coin and a matchbox bat mobile today. New to the Forum and am glad I have found you guys as not much info about the scorpion here in Australia.

Re: First Time Scorpion user
Date: June 09, 2014 08:38AM
I just figured out how to attach pics sorry its a crappy photo.

Posted by: Bugar In. USA
Date: June 09, 2014 10:25AM
My friend and I use Scorpions almost exclusively, Have myself been using for some years now, believe they are great, glad you are having a good time with it, they work great, and the ground balance is a little tricky, but after a while you get on to it, and its actually not real critical, but I keep mine touched up from time to time when detecting, good luck and Happy Hunting, , I havn't been posting much, cause the forum seems so DEAD, may post some more.:garrett:

Posted by: Gene
Date: June 09, 2014 12:26PM
Nice going ! You have coins in Australia that will really add up fast if you hit the right spots.
Good hunting with your Scorpion !

Date: June 10, 2014 05:23AM
Thanks for the replies Burgar and Gene, can't wait to get out again and hopefully get some more finds. I live in North Queensland not too far from some gold bearing areas, so am keen to really get to know the scorpion. I know it is an old technology machine but it seemed to love the coins still, so hopefully the newer detectors have left a few nuggets behind as well.

Posted by: Gene
Date: June 10, 2014 10:24AM
One thing I have learned is that the stuff in the ground don't know if you are using
old technology or new technology. I would say the Scorpion has good technology
and used properly will get the job done. Good hunting to you ! Gene

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login