Findmall.com

Garrett Scorpion Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Garrett A2B 'Closet Queen' back to work..
Posted by: karelian
Date: March 14, 2017 05:29AM
The owner of this machine lost the battery tray only a few months after purchasing the machine, he lost interest and packed it away in the closet where it remained for decades. When he was moving house it ended up on the front lawn for his Sunday morning garage sale. I saw it and pounced. I've done nothing but assemble the machine and find a replacement battery holder. The machine is now good to go.
The Garrett Groundhog A2B has iconic status in Australia, it's a legend that has found a lot of gold including the 'Hand of Faith' nugget.
Very rare to stumble upon such a 'clean' machine and I'll treasure it. My father used a Groundhog in the early 80's and later traded it for the Scorpion. Lots of happy memories and this machines brings them all back.

All the best,
Karelian

Re: Garrett A2B 'Closet Queen' back to work..
Posted by: Gene
Date: March 14, 2017 01:50PM
Looks nice. You were in the right place at the right time to get this one.
Best of luck in all your searches !

Posted by: bigtim1973
Date: September 07, 2017 11:05PM
That is a clean unit for the age for sure!!. i am partial for old units too, especially the ones that bring back memories. It looks like this forum is in the dust. I was wanting to see what the latest fuss on the scorpions were all about. I am shocked at hardly any activity in the forum!!

Happy Hunting

Fisher F 75 SE Tesoro Compadre Teknetics Omega 8000

Posted by: Bugar In. USA
Date: October 05, 2017 02:01PM
Yeah- That is a great find, just now saw the post and pic.
I haven't been doing much for the past few months,.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login