Findmall.com

Minelab E-Trac Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: plastic screen cover?
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: September 02, 2010 07:19PM
The plastic one you can order online it won't spell on this forum,But it starts with a z and ends with two g's if you know what I am saying. It's also used for cell phones. And some lap tops. Oh I almost forgot there is an A in the middle wink,wink.

Posted by: jquist
Date: September 03, 2010 01:32PM
I think they are referring to the covers that @#$%& makes.

Del, that anti-glare solution sounds interesting. I have the @#$%& cover and it isn't working for me. I have a cover from a guy on E-Bay coming.

Whomever makes a good, rugged anti-glare rain and dust cover will have my money quick. If I could find the right plastic, I would have someone custom sew the rest.

Posted by: Altamaha
Date: October 01, 2010 12:08AM
Harold,ILL.
I finally received my plastic screen cover,you know the one I am talking about. I installed it yesterday, Boy you really have to be rite on the money to get it to cover all the button's. Mine is a little off on one side and just covers's my far left diagonal button,maybe a little off but good enough. As long as it cover's the screen that's the main thing. I notice mine is a little over sized though,are they all like this? I trimed it a little with scissors but didn't want to get to close to the housing in fear of scratching it. I hate to complain,But you would think for the money they charge it would fit alot better. Anyway's I can live with it for now.

There always was a problem (over sized) with the shields for the front only, don't know why. But if you ordered the package that included the protection for the sides (which I did), then the front shields in those package were cut correctly and fit perfectly. They however don't offer the package with the side protection anymore. I talked to them several times about the problem with the cut in the front only packages and they never fixed it. All of their stock for the front only shields seem to be cut incorrectly, doesn't make sense that some were cut correctly and some not.

Posted by: blowfly1967
Date: October 01, 2010 02:31AM
i use contact adhesive.when it gets dirty,i peel it off and put a new piece on .works okay for me.blowfly

Posted by: Myownwings
Date: October 13, 2010 03:14AM
I been using plastic zip lock quart bags, works fine for me and a lot cheaper than $20.00+ that don't fit either.

Posted by: maryjudith
Date: February 05, 2011 02:57AM
I just purchased an otterbox defender and I had the mirror screen protector on there and I had to remove that due to lack of response on the keypad while texting and what not, now that I have removed that I have a major issue with the watermarks on the screen is really looking fugly and makes it blurry. What can I do about this ? Just cut the screen on this 50.00 case ?

Posted by: tnvarmint
Date: February 08, 2011 01:35PM
Wish I could figure out what starts with a Z...has an A in it somewhere in the middle and ends in two G's. Never was any good at word games :ranting:

HH
Mike

Minelab E-Trac
SunRay Pro Gold Headphones
SunRay X-1 Probe
Garret Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger

Oldest coin to date - 1895 Barber Dime on 14 September 2011
First silver coin - 1944D Mercury Dime on 06 April 2011

Posted by: Idaho PRB
Date: February 11, 2011 08:12PM
tnvarmint
Wish I could figure out what starts with a Z...has an A in it somewhere in the middle and ends in two G's. Never was any good at word games :ranting:

Try this Z.A.G.G.

'If it's worth doing wrong, it's worth doing twice."
Minelab E-Trac
Gray Ghost Originals
Pro Coil, 6X8 SEF, SunRay X-5
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ace 250 for the kids and "Just in case"

Posted by: wvrick
Date: February 12, 2011 10:43PM
Which model is everyone buying? I want to the web site and there hundreds.
Thanks!

Posted by: E-TREC-Virginia
Date: February 12, 2011 11:36PM
There is one specifically made for the E-Trac.

http://www.@#$%&.com/invisibleshield/minelab-e-trac-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

HH

Steve - Northern Virginia

Detectors: Minelab Excalibur II w/ Plugger Two Piece Travel Shaft and Knob Guard
Minelab E-Trac w/ Sun Ray Probe, Pro-Tector Rain Jacket, Pro-Tector Padded E-Trac Cover, Swingy Thingy Harness
Garrett Infinium LS w/ Plugger Two Piece Travel Shaft

Accessories: Predator Tools Model 75 Digging Tool, Predator Tools Model 85 Digging Tool, Predator Tools Raven Model 25 Shovel, Sunspot Stealth 6.5 Classic Beach Scoop, RTG Beachmaster Water Scoop, Pro Beach & Water Hunting Pouch, Sun Ray Deluxe Treasure Pouch, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones, Garrett Waterproof Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Sun Ray Coin Popper, Minelab Detector Carry Bag

Excal II Coils: Stock 10"

E-Trac Coils: 6" DD EXcelerator EQ 2 Pro, Sun Ray Stealth X-8, 12x10" SEF (Butterfly), 15x12" SEF (Butterfly)

Infinium Coils: Garrett 10 x 14 DD, Garrett 8" Mono

Oldest Coins Found - 1816 Coronet Large One Cent (Matron Head), 1834 Bust Dime, 1847 Seated Half Dime

Date: February 12, 2011 11:41PM
Thanks!

Date: February 27, 2011 07:17PM
I got it in and just checking........ Does everyone dampen the invisbleSHEILD with the application solution as per the directions? I understand its using the solution to be able to move the plastic around but I don't like getting the face of the detector wet.

Thanks! Rick

Posted by: Bell-Two
Date: March 01, 2011 09:32AM
Another question the unmentionable name screen protector seems bigger than the one that came with the E-Trac do you need to trim it to fit properly?

Posted by: Bell-Two
Date: March 05, 2011 08:26AM
I went ahead and applied mine the excess I trimmed with an Exacto knife it seems ok, but it is silly that they don't fit right on. They say it can be easily removed if neccesary and should not leave a residue but :laugh: if some does "Removing the item whose name we can not mention is simple and safe. Set your device on a table or counter-top and peel up a corner of the invisibleSHIELD. Take that corner and slowly lift the shield straight up and away from the surface of the device. Pulling too quickly or at an angle can leave a sticky residue, but this can easily be removed. We recommend you use a citrus-based adhesive remover with a micro fiber cloth to clean it off with."

You know all in all I guess it is not a major thing....just one of those little anoyances that drive us crazy :crazy:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 08:28AM by Bell-Two.

Date: March 07, 2011 08:20PM
:blink: I know what you mean. I'm going to put mine on as soon as the factory screen protector starts coming off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2011 08:26PM by wvrick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login