Findmall.com

Minelab E-Trac Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: "Deep / On" and Gain at 30?
Posted by: Greek2Me
Date: January 28, 2012 04:32AM
I run with 29 gain and DEEP off. My question is, will you still be able to hear the 8 inch deep coins that give you that blip blip sound? The ones that sound like a nail. If i turned the gain down to around 15, would the sound be so faint on those that I would miss them?

G2M

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2012 04:35AM by Greek2Me.

Posted by: Goes4ever
Date: January 28, 2012 06:43AM
yes IMHO you will hear the deep blip blip coins. I run my etrac the same way

Posted by: earthmansurfer
Date: February 02, 2012 01:01PM
I am going to play with a lower gain with deep on and see what happens. Just the last two times out I started dropping my gain to 24 and it was quite noticeable on the deeper targets. Going down to 15 and I thought I might pass some up as they were a bit too soft with the iron/trash level. Clearly, there is an important relationship here.

I agree with Goes4Ever - as I have been running mine on 29 for 6 weeks and I swear I could hear the subtle difference on an 8" target. Like he said, it's still solid, just a bit softer. I will start slowly dropping this as well as playing with a drastic change with deep on, as mentioned above. I need to find that happy medium for the iron level I'm hunting in. Jump in if you have any suggestions. (I'm guessing 23 to 28).

Very interesting regarding Deep On as I had given up on it. In all my testing, it seemed to make things worse on 8"-9" targets. But now I can try it with a lower gain and see what happens as well as slowing down my swing.

Great thread,
Albert

Signum 7272M
Detector - E-Trac
Pro-Pointer w/ Sidekick (supertuner)
Lesche Knife

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
Yoda

Posted by: Big Boys Hobbies
Date: February 03, 2012 01:48PM
Goes4ever
My gain is set at 29, and I can still clearly hear the difference between an 8 inch deep dime VS a 2 inch deep dime, the shallow dime will literally scream out, and the deeper one will be solid but softer, you may not agree, but I can still HEAR the difference in deep coins VS shallow clad with a high gain

I agree and great post!

Bart Davis
Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net
Findmall Sponsor BigBoysHobbies.net
Email, call or text for best deals. 405-206-9010
Minelab USA Partner of the year award 2012. Minelab customer service award 2012.
Authorized Minelab Metal Detectors Fisher Metal Detectors Teknetics Metal Detectors Garrett Metal Detectors XP Deus Dealer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login