Findmall.com

Minelab E-Trac Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Got A Pair of Sunray Pro Headphones Today...
Posted by: MHirschmann
Date: January 15, 2012 02:59AM
...And I cant believe I didn't upgrade my phones sooner. I have gotten to know my ET very well over the past 6 months with endless use. Today I picked up a pair of the Sunray Pro headphones and I can't believe the difference. I have been so concerned with coils over the last few months, to increase my finds, but today I realized what a big difference headphones make. I have been using the stock Koss phones thus far but I tried the Pro phones out, first in my local detector shop, and then in my test garden, and I can't believe the difference. The tones are so much more clear and crisp. I can run my machine maxed out, all around, without blowing out my ears and everything sounds cleaner. The Pro's fit much tighter, eliminate much more background noise and generally feel better. I am surprised how much coil-talk we all get into and how little headphone-talk we discuss given my tests today. I kept switching between my stock phones and the Pro's and the difference is more than clear. For those of you that don't know what their next addition is, if you haven't done phones yet, don't wait as long as I did and don't buy loads of coils until you upgrade your headphones. Now that I did it, I'm sure lots of you will tell me that this would be a clear first upgrade, but it never occurred to me exactly how much of a benefit it would be to upgrade this aspect of my setup. I can't wait to go over my usual spots with these phones and then hit them again with my different coils. I am absolutely positive that this upgrade was worth every penny. At $130, I think this will most likely be the most worthwhile upgrade that I can/will do to my setup. I will keep you posted about my experience with these phones but after hitting my test garden with them, I am sure these were worth every penny. HH -Marc

Minelab E-Trac / Sun-Ray X-1 / 6" EQ2 / 8" FBS / 12x13 NEL
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 / Vibra-Quatic / Anderson CF "Shorty" Setup For Diving
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 / Anderson CF Straight Rod
XP Deus / Large Coil / Garrett Pro Pointer

Re: Got A Pair of Sunray Pro Headphones Today...
Posted by: BarberDan
Date: January 17, 2012 02:15AM
The very first upgrade I got was a pair of SunRay Gold's....they were an immediate improvement over the Koss that comes with the E-Trac. I was lucky enough to have a friend that let me try them out first....and wow...what a difference.

E-Trac
Sun Ray Gold Pro HP
SunRay X-1 Probe
Lesche Digger
Raptor 31

Posted by: Sailorman
Date: January 17, 2012 05:57AM
I've never even plugged in the Koss phones. Guess I'll have to try it for comparison. I like my DetectorPro Rattlers. Maybe having one ear uncovered lets in more outside noise but in some of the places I hunt that's a good idea!

Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher Gold Bug 2, 2 Pro Pointers and a probe rod.

Posted by: Big Boys Hobbies
Date: January 17, 2012 01:20PM
The Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones are my personal choice as well. VERY well built and sound terrific!

Bart Davis
Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net
Findmall Sponsor BigBoysHobbies.net
Email, call or text for best deals. 405-206-9010
Minelab USA Partner of the year award 2012. Minelab customer service award 2012.
Authorized Minelab Metal Detectors Fisher Metal Detectors Teknetics Metal Detectors Garrett Metal Detectors XP Deus Dealer.

Posted by: grumpyolman
Date: January 19, 2012 11:49AM
I was able to find a good pair of used Blue Rats. I too experienced that difference between night and day. Anybody know if Blue Rats are around anymore. jim

Posted by: silvereagle
Date: January 22, 2012 07:15PM
I never tried the pros,but I do use the BLACK WIDOWS,and they are super crisp and loud for the deep stuff,

Posted by: kraykepler
Date: January 30, 2012 06:46PM
The Sunrays are great, and their service is amazing, too.

Posted by: ronfin
Date: February 27, 2012 11:41PM
Just got mine yesterday and love them. My Koss fell apart after a month. I liked them a lot, but I like these even more. Snug fit, compact, and crystal clear tones.

Posted by: SwampeR
Date: March 08, 2012 09:13AM
I used mine yesterday for the first time, WOW best I used so far. Love the fit and build quality also.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login