Welcome! Log In Register
factory reset
Posted by: Nock
Date: May 25, 2013 08:15AM
Should we do a factory reset often ?

Re: factory reset
Posted by: DiggerODirt
Date: May 25, 2013 05:18PM
Well....If you do, you lose ALL of your patterns and modes, and the machine is like it came out of the box....I only do it if my settings get out of control and I need to start fresh. By out of control, I mean too many to set again or change...Then I will factory reset and reload my patterns and modes from my computer with the X-Change.

HH,

Posted by: BSBIKER1
Date: August 24, 2015 05:37PM
Does it affect anything else?

Posted by: ironsight
Date: August 26, 2015 08:08PM
I've owned my eTRAC going on 5 years now and only once performed a Master (factory) reset for an intermittent problem which it didn't resolve...another story.

IMO, only do a master reset as a last resort to try an fix a problem. According to the Owners Manual, a Master reset will restore all settings to factory presets, erase all user modes and custom discrimination patterns.
Far as i can tell thats all it does. There's a remote possibility it might fix a problem related to stored user settings.

Remember there is also such a thing as a power-on reset with all modern electronics that utilize uProcessor circuitry.
Upon just turning on the device the power on reset will ;
start crystal oscillators which once in a great while don't start depending on the design, components, etc.,
reset the uProcessor(s) to a start state,
loads software from memory and executes it once the power on reset is completed,
and if applicable reset other chips to a start state.

In the case of the eTRAC, the power on reset will NOT erase any stored user data such as custom discrimination patterns, custom settings, etc.
Thats why just power cycling modern uProcessor electronic devices will usually fix a problem.

Posted by: FordGalaxy
Date: August 16, 2017 06:23PM
My eTrac was giving me fits, so I did two things don't know which fixed the issues.

I did a Factory reset and a gave the coil a scrub with soapy water and a relatively soft bristle bush. There wasn't much dirt on the coil, it's one of the white ultimate 13 coils, what little there was on it showed. The Difference is like night and day, less chatter and falsing the signals are also cleaner. Ymmv but it did the trick for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login