Findmall.com

Minelab E-Trac Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Etrac Deep on or off
Posted by: daddyflea
Date: December 22, 2015 07:03PM
I just got the Andy Sabisch book and he recommends running Deep On. I am wondering why most people run it off. I have hunted both ways and din not notice any difference.

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Re: Etrac Deep on or off
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: December 26, 2015 04:05PM
The way I understand it(and it's been on my mind as well) running deep on "enhances" deeper targets to make them more apparent in the phones. I also understand that there is more filtering going on running deep on so its not really meant for congested areas with lots of targets,as it slows things down a bit. It would be useful in uncluttered areas where deep targets are anticipated(almost word for word from the EX2 manual). It is apparently useful to those folks who are not running high gain...
To ME it's personal preference on how you perceive deeper targets. To ME,constantly tweaking settings aside from Sensitivity is counter-productive. One wants to get used to the way things sound,and if you're always changing things you never really have it dialed in as to what to listen for.
FWIW as always...no guarantees implied...I could be completely full of @#$%&....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login