Findmall.com

Minelab E-Trac Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pinpointer
Posted by: rab909693
Date: June 01, 2016 02:59AM
Newbie here. My question for you guys is this. I am in Scotland by the way. When I sweep over a target it shows anything from 14.41 through to in the 20s. When I put the pinpointed on, the numbers change to 35+. Is this normal and should I miss it out. Have dug these in the past and always end up with iron. Thanks in advance

Re: Pinpointer
Posted by: daddyflea
Date: June 07, 2016 08:20PM
rab909693
Newbie here. My question for you guys is this. I am in Scotland by the way. When I sweep over a target it shows anything from 14.41 through to in the 20s. When I put the pinpointed on, the numbers change to 35+. Is this normal and should I miss it out. Have dug these in the past and always end up with iron. Thanks in advance

Here is my experience getting readings like you are getting I would expect to find a Copper Penny with Trash close by. In this case most likely a Nail. If you sweep over and are able even just once to get a pretty good close reading say 14-41 then 20-41. There will usually be two targets under your Coil. A Penny under good conditions would rearead 12-41. I would look hard for a Penny here because a 41 would indicate an old pure Copper Penny. The Iron will pull the Ferrous number way down to 20 or sometimes a little lower. That one good 14 Ferrous reading is crying out something good may be here.

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login