Findmall.com

Minelab E-Trac Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Lack of volume
Posted by: Dug Silvers
Date: August 17, 2016 03:27PM
my threshold, and in turn my signal sounds are extremely low, with volume turned up considerably. I have to put my ear up against the box to hear anything. I've had this etrac 3 years, never had this happen. Any suggestions?

Re: Lack of volume
Posted by: cladhopper73
Date: August 27, 2016 08:05PM
Hey Dug... sorry that nobody has a suggested fix for you. I have 2 newer E-Tracs and haven't experienced anything like what you're experiencing... have you tried a Master Reset on it to see if that fixes the problem?

Posted by: J.D
Date: September 08, 2016 05:11AM
Had the same problem recently ..the problem was the socket where you plug your headphones into.Very easy fix ..I just took the socket out bent the three arms so that all three touch their respective positions when the headphone is not plugged in ...so make sure when no headphone is in that all three arms on the socket touches ...not sure if I'm explaining it right but that's how I fixed mine...hope it helps ...cheers

Posted by: cladhopper73
Date: September 08, 2016 04:37PM
J.D
Had the same problem recently ..the problem was the socket where you plug your headphones into.Very easy fix ..I just took the socket out bent the three arms so that all three touch their respective positions when the headphone is not plugged in ...so make sure when no headphone is in that all three arms on the socket touches ...not sure if I'm explaining it right but that's how I fixed mine...hope it helps ...cheers

That's a real possibility... could be the coiled cable of the UR30s too, if he's using those. God knows I've had to fix mine more than once, I bought them unused from the original purchaser... they came with his E-Trac... so I didn't even try to send them back to Koss for (free)repair because of that. I use SunRay Pro Golds now. From my experience, the Headphones come under suspicion first.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: September 15, 2016 05:56PM
It reads like the OP is NOT using headphones....being as he said his ear was up to "the box".....seems like a reset or repair is in order.

Posted by: JMT Detectors
Date: November 06, 2016 08:41PM
I had a problem with the volume being low with a Minelab Explorer XS. It had a bit too much solder on a connection coming off the speaker. The excess solder was grounding out when it touched something. It was soldered up correctly and now the volume is strong again. Best of luck...John

Findmall Sponsor

JMT Metal Detectors
John M. Tracy
7848 E. Wildwood Lane
Robinson, Illinois 62454
Phone: 618-554-0751
E-mail: tracy.j@mchsi.com
http://jmtmetaldetectors.com/

Posted by: jd88047
Date: April 07, 2017 03:30AM
My etrac came with grey ghost head phones and I love them. The stock headphones worked ok, and I carry for a back up. Will gift them to a fellow hunter as I now have two pair of grey ghost. I rarely hunt without headphones, I dont like broadcasting my targets lol. I would say use head phones. You are missing targets if you are not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login