Findmall.com

Minelab E-Trac Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Just found this forum
Posted by: WV62
Date: July 17, 2017 03:02PM
I just got my new E-trac a couple of weeks ago, I have one hunt under my belt. This is where I need to be in the classroom.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Re: Just found this forum
Posted by: expII al
Date: July 17, 2017 08:02PM
You have a lot of experienced e Trac users to draw information from.

Re: Just found this forum
Posted by: WV62
Date: July 17, 2017 08:54PM
I have been going through the manual and I have the E-Trac emulator load on my laptop. So I read a little until I think know how to do something and then work it through the emulator until I get it right and then go to the detector and do the same thing there.

I was working one editing and making patterns manually. So I have made several patterns for the common older US coins I may find around here. Some worked and some didn't.

So this morning I done my book and emulator time on how to do the auto accept pattern maker. This evening I took that to the back yard with the detector and my sample coins and worked on that a couple of hours. That seemed to me the way to go.

So am I on the right track? My hope is I will have a coin pattern that will knock out a lot of trash and give me a clean shot at some nice silver coins. One of my manual made single pixel patterns I made, I was swing over my sample silver coins and I noticed my silver quarter was getting a really short tone compared to the other silvers I had laid out. So I went into edit auto accept single pixel and swing over the quarter a few times and cleaned the signal right up.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login