Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Anyone using the TDI in the UK on farmland?
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: December 03, 2011 11:01AM
Hi,

I'm on the West Cost of Scotland - and recently acquired a TDI for wet sand beach detecting. However, I am interested to know if anyone within the UK is using the TDI on farmland (ploughed/rolled fields or pasture). I would like to know if it stands up competatively against the VLFs? Appreciate any feed back.

Re: Anyone using the TDI in the UK on farmland?
Posted by: Digger Bob
Date: December 07, 2011 02:27PM
You might check Jimmy Sierras web site or email him and ask. He took a TDI to England this last summer to use on his annual tour. I do know that mineralization, no matter how bad, is not a problem for any of the TDI's. And it will definatly go deeper than a VLF.

Digger Bob

Posted by: bfodnes
Date: December 08, 2011 02:34PM
I have a TDI Pro in Norway, i like to brag its the first TDI out to a customer sold by Whites Scotland.

I have yet to encounter heavy enough minerals with it to have the need to use GB as it is supposed. I use it for disc only and in companion with the PD it is much to learn and much to try out.

And even in light minerals it is doing things others cant. It does go deeper but you will need to dig some iron it seems atleast for me. It will also do magic tricks at shallow depths so love is not only deep, it is also hiding in not so obvious places.

Fun machine that will give you pleasure in the fields if you are not the type that runs fast to find the easy stuff all over a large location but rather likes to find more of what is right there where you are. Only more difficult.

Posted by: Toddy from Scotland
Date: September 14, 2012 06:30PM
Hi Richard you seen the depth of the hammered I was getting with the TDI. I managed to pull out 10 hammered coins after 50 detectorists searched the area to death. A Top Detector once mastered. I did try the SL but was not impressed with the threshold tone which sounds filtered kinda .......I have used it since it came out relic hunting in Scotland .......I see you now have a GPX..and doing well with it.......speak soon.

Toddy

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: September 14, 2012 09:49PM
Send me a round trip airline ticket and I'll have a go at it. Would love to try my TDI in the U.K. Last time I was there I was using a White's Eagle II SL 90.5. That was about 1995.

Arizona
36 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
White's Spectra V3i
WHite's MXT Pro
White's M6 x 2
White's TDI SL
White's GMT
White's Classic III SL
White's IDX Pro w/ Mr. Bill Mods
Fisher Gold Bug Pro x 2
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT

Posted by: Mega B
Date: October 09, 2012 10:58AM
Just about to buy a TDI detector for deep seeking work over here in the UK as i have some spare cash and had been looking at a GPX but i could not see what advantage a machine costing 4 times the price would give you so hence this is why the TDI is the current front runner.

Has anyone used the Razorback coils for the TDI as they have some good feedback when used on the Whites PI or would you suggest possibly another brand name.

Happy Hunting

All my current machines that i shoot from the hip.

Deus full 9'' setup.
T2 with 5'', NEL SharpShooter 10x12SEF and 15x12 SEF coils
DFX c/w Hotshot & SEF8x6,1400DD,18''Detech
Arado 120b.
Muskateer modified for river detecting.
Laser B3 the UK version of the Bandido.
SilverSabre2.
CrossBow PI c/w 5'',8'',10'',14x10'',18x12 Mono coil for hoard hunting plus others.
Fisher TW-5 Fisher Gemini 2 Box Hoard Hunter.

Posted by: wltdwiz
Date: October 09, 2012 01:21PM
pm sent

Date: October 09, 2012 01:34PM
wltdwiz
pm sent

And replied with a question :smile:

Deus full 9'' setup.
Arado 120b.
SilverSabre2.
CrossBow PI c/w 5'',8'',10'',14x10'',18x12 Mono coil for hoard hunting plus others.

Date: October 09, 2012 08:11PM
Well i have finally made up my mind and will be buying a TDI in the next week or so and see how we get on,i have other detectors for various tasks but have never as yet used a PI had been looking at a GPX but at 4 times the price i dont think its 4 better so this was the main reason of buying a TDI the price was the final decision maker here.Ok it does not carry the 'Kudos' that a GPX does but i am very frugile when it comes to spending money i guess i must have some scottish blood running through my vains :rofl: as they are the tighest people on the planet when it comes to spending money :rofl:

Deus full 9'' setup.
Arado 120b.
SilverSabre2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login