Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Sl mods
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: January 28, 2017 10:09AM
Boykin over on the Whites main site says there are a number of mods that will make the SL equal to the PRO as far as depth--anyone know about these mods?

Re: Sl mods
Posted by: karelian
Date: January 28, 2017 04:20PM
Whites Custom Shop, now that would be nice. Factory authorized upgrades and modifications, perhaps in collaboration with Reg.. dare we dream it. A nice decal to show the machine has been modified. . I'm sure there is minimal cost, the skills and equipment already exist in the White's service department. We are talking tweaks not rebuilds. They might have to give one guy overtime and give him an extra shift to keep up with demand, I know I would be happy to spend a some dollars on a factory upgrade. White's would even make a few extra dollars in the process. Something we could all get excited about.

Oh to dream the dream.. factory authorized upgrades for the Pro and SL ..

All the best,

Karelian

Posted by: Jim in Idaho
Date: January 29, 2017 12:24PM
I'm with Karelian....I've thought of this before, and don't understand why Whites doesn't offer this service.
Jim

Date: January 29, 2017 02:10PM
Makes too much sense?? And they would have to admit that their products could be improved.
They Could have had a top seller IF they had spent a little time upgrading the Pro. People on All the forums comment on the depth of the PRO and the fact that the TDI is the Only pulse detector that can be used to discriminate while coin hunting.

Posted by: Ozleif
Date: January 29, 2017 04:39PM
So can the GMT SuperPulse, renamed (SPP) in fact a few little tweaks and it's more sensitive/deeper and it's still quieter than the TDI Pro.

Date: January 30, 2017 10:53AM
For my money, the best Reg mod for the SL is the mod that increases the sweep speed, but still allows finding the smaller targets. Another big boost for the SL is the 16 volt battery pack from Reidman.
Jim

Posted by: John(Tx)
Date: January 30, 2017 12:06PM
So if this is true, can the same MOD be made on the TDI Pro and make it even deeper, where does it stop?

Date: January 30, 2017 05:40PM
From what I've read, the mods for the Pro are designed to smooth out the threshold....it has good depth as is. The SL requires a slower sweep speed to find the really small stuff. Each model has it's own particular weaknesses, thus the mods are different.
Jim

Date: January 31, 2017 10:15AM
I had the Reg mods on my Pro and it is a pleasure to use---where can the depth mods be done for the SL ?

Date: January 31, 2017 09:40PM
There's nobody currently doing the SL mods.
Jim

Posted by: Frank-S
Date: February 04, 2017 09:31AM
I have a SL with 2 mods Reg mod and the man that helped designed the SL.There are no mods
that will make the SL equal to the TDI pro.Don't mod your SL if works OK.
Frank-s

Date: February 04, 2017 04:20PM
I agree Frank--if it ain't broke don't fool with it. The SL should be accepted for what it is: smoother threshold,but NOT as deep as the Pro. I still am rankled with Whites because a little tweaking on their part could have made the Pro into a top selling PI,but no they would not do it because there was a lot of internal jealousy running Whites for a while.

Posted by: markg
Date: February 05, 2017 06:14PM
I'm very happy with my SL, it has opened up many VLF cleaned out sites. It is a go to relic machine when nails are not plentiful.

Posted by: Frank-S
Date: February 06, 2017 10:10AM
I will be 78 this year,going to cut back on detecting,to much walking I am going to sell the SL
and some other detectors.Don't know price of SL yet .
The SL has 2 mods Reg mod and Carl mod (carl@geotech.com)
Reg mod increased dept from 12'' air test on US nickel to 14- 1/2''. SL was slow and hard to pinpoint
But useable I wonted more dept.Stock SL detect a US nickel air test here at 12''
Carl replaced stock crystal with a faster crystal,it made target detecting faster and maybe pinpointing easer.
I only check SL at home air test dept on US nickel was 13'' SL gain at max and Delay about 12 on pot.
Delay set at max same dept 13''. SL needs another mod to get more dept.Carl did not have enough time to finish
his mod. If some-one wonts the SL E-mail me I will take the best offer.
Frank-S

Posted by: ph036011
Date: June 11, 2017 03:49AM
Interested in modified sl or where I can get one modified

R/Alan

Pm for contact no. To call me

I talked to reg a week ago on the phone, very informative

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login