Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
My wet sand , ankle deep setup
Posted by: stephenscool
Date: May 21, 2017 06:26AM
Just finished my wet sand ankle deep setup. I'm borderline obsessive when it comes to weight due to hip and shoulder problems. I'm satisfied with the weight strength ratio.

This is likely the lightest easiest to swing setup I've seen before.... also doubles as my df shaft. Balance focal point allows the shaft to just glide over the sand with barely any effort. Could actually use just 1 finger.

My shoulder and hip will be thanking me soon.

Had the Bigfoot coil made with extra cable length and foam filled. Perfect for wet sand.

Thanks for looking and HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2017 06:31AM by stephenscool.

Re: My wet sand , ankle deep setup
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: May 21, 2017 07:12AM
Neat looking setup----thanks for info.

Date: May 21, 2017 07:35AM
Cam lock is from a camera tripod. Come in a variety of sizes and cost about a buck... all other parts were custom built.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2017 07:37AM by stephenscool.

Posted by: mntnflyr4fun
Date: May 21, 2017 09:38AM
Nice work, where did you find a bigfoot coil with a custom length cable???

Date: May 21, 2017 09:53AM
MJ made it about 6 months ago. Just send him an email if you want 1 made and ask if he can do it or not.

I'm going to get some serious coverage with that coil. Total weight is ridiculously light

Posted by: TabWhisperer
Date: May 21, 2017 11:07PM
Stephenscool, what kind of depth do you get out of that big coil? Have you tried it anywhere else besides the beach? I assume pinpointing would be accomplished off the tip. Do you ever find it is too big by detecting too many targets at once?

TDI SL, Whites XL Pro w/tone mods, Teknetics Mark 1, IDX w/Bills mods, Makro Racer

Date: May 22, 2017 03:16AM
I usually hunt with the digger 9x14. If there are too many targets (winter) I have smaller coils. Haven't actually used this coil yet but looking forward to it. Depth should be reasonable

Posted by: Mega
Date: May 22, 2017 04:02AM
Thats a very nice TDI setup,as a result of you having the longer coil cable do you hip or harness mount the control box or is it still mounted on the shaft ?? i am a little confused as you mentioned that you could swing it with say one finger,but saying that the long coil cable may have been used to move the control box further up the shaft to counter balance the new 'Bigfoot'

I have probably got it all wrong lol

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Date: May 22, 2017 08:26AM
I HAVE it mounted behind the elbow. The way I mount it i can adjust the distance of the mount. For heavier coils I push the control box/mount back further. For small lighter coils I push the mount closer to the elbow.
Perfect focal point and so easy to use. Literally 1 finger can steer it

Date: May 23, 2017 03:21AM
Quick air test, for what it's worth, looks 11" on a quarter size target. Tested inside not running hot and no headphones. It was a quick quick test.
Could probably squeeze at least another inch out of it in actual hunting conditions.

23.25" x 5.85"

Posted by: Old California
Date: May 25, 2017 10:11PM
Very nice setup, and water season is approaching.

I used to mount my first TDI inside a waterproof backpack, cable was long enough to reach the TDI inside of backpack. Was using one of Razorback coils at the time, may do if again this water season. But need to have Miner John make me another coil with a longer cable. Don't think I have any coils with long enough cable.. Well, Maybe the stock 12.5" cable may be long enough.

Keep us posted, would like to hear how that coil works. May have access to one, or one similar to yours.

Good job!
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Date: May 26, 2017 01:21PM
Thanks Paul. I will be using this coil for wetsand up to ankle deep only. I have a 9x14 digger coil that I use in shallow water.
I've played around with waterproof bags and plano cases but wasn't 100% satisfied. Behind the elbow mounted I can wade to lower waist deep comfortably and dig holes. Any deeper and I take out the df.
If you rig something up would love to see some photos.

Posted by: Old California
Date: May 26, 2017 03:33PM
You bet, I'll rig up my TDI to the waterproof back pack I've used before. Give me a week or so to rig it up. Hope I have a coil with long enough cable, May have to go with the stock 12.5.

Used to rig up a Treasure Baron GoldTrax with a same type setup for all metal fresh water wading, Only back then the backpack wasn't waterproof and mounted the Baron housing in the upper portion of pack near my shoulder area.

Good luck with yours, gold jewelry season is almost here.

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: sonnar28
Date: May 27, 2017 09:29PM
You will enjoy using that coil! The coverage you can get with it is amazing. And it is so light.

I have a very similar one called the Beach Hog, it may be an earlier version of the same Razorback coil.

HH

Charles

Date: May 28, 2017 10:50AM
Thanks Charles. I also use an rnb battery to reduce the overall weight even more. The coil is a tad under 24" Length wise. Good for fresh drops.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login