Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Anyone know why these rechargeable batteries don't work ?
Posted by: stephenscool
Date: June 04, 2017 10:32AM
Recently bought these as a back up. 1.5v and fit in the battery holder. Is the positive or negative end the wrong shape? Perplexed by this.

1.5 x 8 so well within the limits

Re: Anyone know why these rechargeable batteries don't work ?
Posted by: amberjack
Date: June 04, 2017 11:20AM
did you get the charger with them ? as the are lithium battery's with a circuit in them that cuts them to 1.5 volts from 3.7 Volts so the charger chargers to that inner ring part of the + end so if you just used a charger that chargers to the button end of the + end chances are they are not charged, so need the kenti charger and a multi meter to test what volts they are putting out.

let us know how you get on?

AJ

Date: June 04, 2017 05:56PM
Comes with the kenti charger. Will check the voltage hopefully later today.

Yes, it's the 3.7 / 1.5v

Date: June 05, 2017 04:42AM
Charges to 1.4v. Tried in 2 detectors. Even tried with 7 toss away batteries and 1 of these kentli. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

8 toss away work and the rnb works. These kentli don't work. Guessing the male or female end isn't exactly the same.

Date: June 06, 2017 08:00AM
strange, don't know the answer other than what you suggested in bad contacts but that still doesn't seem right they are made to go plus minus , I would test all the kentli's see if there is a dud in there as 8 of them should work although 1.4 volts is low. but I would say they are not mix and match but should work as a family of kentli's that's why I think a bad cell...

anyway if you cant get them to work at worst you saved someone some cash, but try everything before giving them the flick there must be a reason why...

thanks for sharing your findings to date..

AJ

Posted by: Ozleif
Date: June 06, 2017 07:43PM
8 in series in the battery holder for an SPP.

Date: June 06, 2017 08:16PM
stephenscool must have got some lemons its bound to happen just because they are so regulated but good that they do work and thanks for the 12 volts pic Ozleif...

wonder their lifecycle ?

AJ

Date: June 08, 2017 03:54AM
Thanks guys. Will check it out tomorrow... hate this username but such a hassle/impossible to change it

Posted by: Ozleif
Date: June 08, 2017 05:48AM
Perhaps check the voltage in every cell, then put two cells end to end and the voltage should double, if not there would be a bad connection.

All the positive points on my Kentli cells are bright and shiny. . . . one of the above cells in the picture seem a little dark ?

Date: June 08, 2017 01:32PM
Photo is from an ebay listing screen shot. I will test them out in a day or 2 when I have a chance. Hopefully it's 1 dead battery

Date: June 11, 2017 08:26PM
Charged the batteries again. Tested them 1 by 1.. so showing 1.49 or 1.5v.
Total was 12.11... what was surprising was the 2 rnb batteries also came out as 12.20v.

Posted by: Jim in Idaho
Date: June 11, 2017 08:54PM
Maybe the problem is the battery holder? I'd give that a thorough examination to be sure any connections are conducting as they should. Maybe put those batteries in a different holder?
Jim

Date: June 11, 2017 09:09PM
This was the df holder. It appears to be working now. Not sure what the problem was or how it fixed itself. But works now

Posted by: Jim in Idaho
Date: June 11, 2017 09:18PM
Probably a bad contact either in one battery, or in the holder. I would bet it will show up again at some point.
Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login