Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
My Waterproof TDI Pro
Posted by: cjc
Date: June 05, 2017 05:18PM
This project has come out really well. The case is a Pelican 1170 (for handguns). There's lots of room, and with the original plastic pot spindles swapped out for brass there's no heat build up or condensation. As the picture shows the board is shielded top, bottom and sides. I've actually used a bigger heavier PI before (Aquastar) so this one is not that hard to get used to. In fresh water the performance is great especially in black sand. Can't wait to see what it will do in salt.
I'm also very happy with the controls config custom for me--a leftie: front 2 X GB + Cond. sw, Top: ON/OFF/ Gain, Delay, T/H, FQ, bottom VOL. Probably add a shoulder strap in due course.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2017 05:21PM by cjc.

Re: My Waterproof TDI Pro
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: June 06, 2017 07:42AM
Neat--keep us posted on how it works.

Posted by: Jim in MA
Date: June 08, 2017 06:31PM
Verry Verry Nice Clive !! will be waiting for some reports

Jim

Re: My Waterproof TDI ProN/T
Date: June 09, 2017 06:41AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2017 06:43AM by cjc.

Re: My Waterproof TDI Pro (Reply)
Date: June 09, 2017 06:42AM
It's pretty well been through the paces--deep and rough water--bone dry. I would like to have the stability / op amp mod done but that doesn't seem to be available now. Even getting hold of some detailed instructions on how to proceed on would be good. It's a superb performing pulse by any standards--even compared to the Aquasearch, Aquastar, CS6PI, DF, --the TDI Pro is in a class by itself. This project was a year in the conceptualization stage--choosing a case being the hardest part. With the 1170 there's a lot of room left for two massive Silca Gels packs as well. Some of the smaller Pelican (1040) cases don't have such a robust gasket and seep a tiny bit, needing to be monitored. This case is rock-solid.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Posted by: timmysys
Date: July 20, 2017 10:15AM
Professional modification!

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: July 23, 2017 02:20PM
I have a digger open coil 9x14 (if I remember correctly ) that I had mj make last year. Has a heavier epoxy for water hunting and an extra long cable. Never used. Let me know if you're interested. I use the "white" coil almost exclusively on wetsand up to knee deep

Date: August 02, 2017 04:10PM
Funny I came on the forum to ask what was the best waterproof coil for the TDI. But whos "Digger"?
Is that a brand?
cjc

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: August 02, 2017 09:57PM
Jimmy Sierra digger coil 8x14. Minor John custom made it for water hunting. Has an extra long cable for chest mounting... or I can float the control box on a modified sifter. Paid a fortune for the thing and have never used it

Date: August 12, 2017 03:46PM
a doll shielded all sides brass spindles for heat dispersion. runs same temp as the land model.
now to figure it out...
cjc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login