Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
First Two Gold W/P TDI
Posted by: cjc
Date: June 10, 2017 06:28PM
Running this detector in the water is proving to be a tough study--but pretty effective. In that my site has a ton of pins--these can be heard,--the key is to listen for roundness versus any carry-over / double sound. The caps also sound pretty distinctive--kind of drawn out and owing to the steel--kind of not stationary on the cross sweep--just weak. Using the no GB / All Metal setting has a lot of low conductor punch and and staying off the flyspecks is not easy. It's important to listen for solid responses--in all directions. I actually sold a TDI a few years back because it just took me from one micro-conductor to the next but this time I'm more determined to get the hang of this detector in the water. I'd also been trying to run the Gain pretty high--3:00 o'clock +. One or two is fine and still very deep. Backing off the Delay a bit weakens the pin signals too but running at 10 uSc is a good way to learn them. Two 10k bands 3.4 & 5.1 gr.--first blood. Basically--it's taking every bit of PI experience I've got to manage the power of this machine. Ton of potential though. The quarter is from a land hunt.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2017 06:37PM by cjc.

Re: First Two Gold W/P TDI
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: June 11, 2017 12:03PM
Great finds--much to the chagrin of the folks at whites.

Posted by: barbecued scallops
Date: June 17, 2017 03:30AM
You're brave, using the TDI in the water like that. As deep as it goes, those junk targets that are half way to china must drive you nuts and waste a ton of time. I find stuff so deep on land all the time that makes me go, "there's no way I'd have the patience to dig that deep underwater."

Date: June 17, 2017 02:54PM
I hear ya'--dug a chunk of cake tray at 2 feet the other day--perfect signal, too. Maybe 3 inches square. With this case there's some buoyancy too so out in the chest deep water the deep ones are a problem to get under. Thinking about a "Grip" type handle to get some leverage. But you can't help but be encouraged by the sheer punch of this detector--it will do the job--even going behind CZ's, 1280's, --even DF's IF you keep the delay down, Gain up towards 3:00 o'clock--slow it right down and listen hard. Even going to GB kind of negates the advantage of this detector. What I'm finding a challenge is hearing the small stuff and not going after it. Been in three or four times and learnt a lot very excited to see what six months will bring. Give it a try--even dry-bagged. I also really like not having to worry about if those two hard-hunting retired #$(*#@#$'s have been in yesterday--let them clean out the "fluff"--
I go back and forth between the DF and the TDI--just to give my patience a rest. With the TDI, every bit of PI skill you have comes to bear in that each signal needs to be sized, checked for shape and "correlated"--that is--how solid is the target in relation to how deep it sounds? Anything too big can take you to China.
Consult anytime.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2017 03:03PM by cjc.

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: June 17, 2017 07:17PM
Hehe... at the 2 retired guys. :beers:

Posted by: Old California
Date: June 19, 2017 01:04AM
Outstanding finds! Seriously you're doing great, And encouraging us to get out there and dig some good!

Congratulations!
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Date: June 20, 2017 06:43PM
Bring nuggetshooter patience and coil control--you will be fine.
cjc

Posted by: markg
Date: June 28, 2017 02:31PM
My best and most valuable gold has come from the TDI.
Awesome gold.......

Date: June 29, 2017 04:37PM
Any tips? I like this detector but its hard to stay off the pins. Also don't like that warble at high levels--makes it hard to hear the faint range. Wish more of these aftermarket coils were waterproof.
cjc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login