Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Added probe to TDI,
Posted by: Old California
Date: June 19, 2017 06:46PM
Was determined to add an inline probe to the TDI, Thanks to Reg it happened.

I know TDI inline probes are scarce, Reg had an extra one and shared the connector pin connections along with other important information. Yesterday, Solderer a second connector with a toggle switch between the two connectors.

At the time, Didn't know other Eric Foster probes worked with the TDI. Already having a GoldQuest probe this morning soldered on a connector and sure enough it works with the TDI. It's the longer stick type, the probe Reg passed to me is much smaller lighter yet defects as deep as the yellow longer probe.

TDI is currently one of my gold jewelry detectors for schools and parks, it does well with low conductive target's ratio of iron or hair pins is very low. What fools me are hair pins and thin wire, overall very good and fun to use. Below is a pic of recent cheap costume jewelry finds, and one 14k ring. The Mojave found the 14k, recently added a GB pot and second discrimination disc pot for checking gold jewelry with the Mojave. Normally use the TDI, But on this particular day was testing the added discrimination check pot to the Mojave and surprisingly piece of gold surfaces.

This TDI is not a Pro model it is a regular model with all of Reg's mods, now with inline probe. Thanks for looking and thanks Reg for the probe and help.

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Re: Added probe to TDI,
Posted by: El
Date: June 20, 2017 09:44AM
God job Paul. Did you add the labeling to the unit by adding Pro II?:clapping:

Re: Added probe to TDI,
Posted by: Old California
Date: June 20, 2017 03:42PM
Thanks El,

Yes, added decals (Pro II). Earlier TDI with Regs mods, pretty hot Pi.

Enjoying every minute spent with it, Inline probe helps a lot with recovery. You gotta see this TDI, I think you'll like it especially with the smaller 10" x 5" Miner John coil is great for trashy areas with good depth, Easily get park coins between 6" to 9" inches with this small coil.

Thanks El!
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login