Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Best Waterproof Coil for the TDI Pro?
Posted by: cjc
Date: August 02, 2017 04:12PM
Shame all of Miner John's products are not waterproof they look like great products. Anything else available that offers some performance gains over the stock?
cjc

Re: Best Waterproof Coil for the TDI Pro?
Posted by: Old California
Date: August 04, 2017 08:22PM
I've been using the 10"x6" elliptical in the water, works great no issues.

Aren't they waterproof to a certain depth?

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: Mega
Date: August 05, 2017 01:57AM
Have just checked the MJ website and the coils that are showing that and i quote 'coil can be submerged up to 3 feet' so not really sure how one concluded that they are not waterproof ?? only one that does not mention that is the 14'' round Mono but all the rest do mention it,but although it does not say in the advert it would be fair to assume that all his coils are waterproof.

I have some Jimmy Sierra coils that are made by MJ and they are also waterproof to 3ft as well.

Only coil i think if i my memory serves me right that i use on the TDI that is not and they mention it is my Minelab 15x12 Commander Mono coil,the Coiltek 14x9 coil that i use is waterproof but because it is foam filled all it wants to do is float like a fishing float,so that is about as much use as a chocolate teapot or a ashtray on a motorbike lol

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: sonnar28
Date: August 05, 2017 02:32PM
When Miner John was kind enough to make a 14 inch mono coil to go on my Surfmaster DF, I was given the option of foam filled or resin filled. Resin filled should enhance water tolerance beyond the rated 3 feet if the connector connection into the coil is Aquasealed. But the profile in water gives a lot more drag than the stock Surfmaster DF coil.

I wonder if the Whites OZ single field 12 inch coil gives any significant depth advantage over the TDI dual field 12 inch coil?

Date: August 06, 2017 03:46PM
Thanks for your reply, Sonnar. Hearing a lot about performance gains with some of these coils but very few go in the water.
rgrdz clive

Date: August 06, 2017 03:52PM
Looks pretty good. Hows the buoyancy?
rgrdz clive

Posted by: Old California
Date: August 06, 2017 06:07PM
Buoyancy is great, used it several times last month detected up to the control box. Didn't show any sign of floating, no falsing or poor stability ran extremely smooth in tough black sand.

Should be a good surf coil too, yes indeed in water this coil was great.

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Date: August 10, 2017 08:36PM
Thanks a lot for your information, Paul--that sounds like a good coil. Really struggling to tune the stock one.
Regards,
clive

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: August 11, 2017 01:06AM
The Jim Sier 14x8 I have is excellent. Resin filled so it will sink and watwrproof. I use the foam filled 1 on the wetsand up to knee deep

Date: August 11, 2017 06:36AM
thanks a lot, Stephen--I'll look around for it.
rgrdz clive

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login