Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: TDI as a Beach Machine
Posted by: cjc
Date: September 11, 2017 09:09PM
Another thing, it's remarkable how different the performance is at the various Delay levels. It's like a different machine. Even up at 17 uSc t's still formidable--and a lot smoother. And hey--who reads my books? I've never even been on "Survivorman Bigfoot" or any of those shows... (Harharhar...)
cjc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2017 09:12PM by cjc.

Posted by: Mega
Date: September 11, 2017 09:48PM
I cannot recall the last time i took my TDI Pro to the beach,as i live so far inland here in the UK i only use the TDI along with a few other heavy hitters for say relic/hoard hunting,and this is when the TDI pro in my mind earns its keep,its the only Pulse machine and i do have a few that i can dial in and detect what i want,for the most part i only use 'Low' conductivity on my permissions as theis allows me too hunt my desired targets ie silver hammered coinage and also most roman but leave a fair amount of medium size iron targets behind,this is when it earns its keep.

The GPX of which i have owned does offer a iron rejection facility and it does work reasonably well but only with DD coils and upto depths of say 6'' and it does work fine,but the TDI Pro and sl machines has the ability to dial in that secret weapon the target conductivity and that works for the most part upto much greater depths than the GPX at a vast reduced price,also the ability of using most of the GPX range of coils.

I do have a fair coil selection that i can use on my TDI pro but for the most part for my needs the Coiltek 14x9 which is foamed filled excels for deeper work or for coin shooting/gold jewellery i use the deadly 9x5 folded mono,i very rarely use the big fella the 20'' Mono but it can and has worked its magic on a few hoard sites over recent years.

Would love to beach detect but if one does not live near the coast then we adapt to our hunting environment in my case open pasture and farm land,we then key up our knowledge accordingly,Clive from experience has dedicated his knowledge to beaches and uses different tactics and has mastered and refined his beach craft skills and basically at the pinnacle of what he does,other folks hone there skills for other detecting scenarios like nugget hunting,relic or hoard hunting.Some have the added bonus/skill of producing say videos/books etc and that in turn earns them a few extra 'bear tokens' and i take my hat off too them.But for me i alas lack those communication skills as i prefer to just get out detecting and enjoy myself.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: cjc
Date: September 12, 2017 07:26PM
Thanks for your perspective--an informative post. That Nexus sounds like another cannon. Good luck on the moors I'll watch the papers!
cjc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login