Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Headphones for TDI Pro ???
Posted by: Tim_on_Long_Island
Date: September 01, 2017 12:17PM
I recently purchased a used , good condition TDI Pro. What is the best headphone for it. I will be using it mainly for the salt beach. . Thanks for the Help....HH Tim

Re: Headphones for TDI Pro ???
Posted by: therover
Date: September 01, 2017 12:48PM
They are a little pricey and heavy, but when I salt water beach hunt with my TDI I use my Detector Pro Black Widows. Pretty much cuts out all the outside noise ( which can be a good thing or bad thing...on the beach there aren't any snakes and I don't want to hear the waves and run a low threshold sound so it's a good thing for me).

Other higher end headphones are good too. I used my Troys, Sunray Pro Golds and Grey Ghost Ultimates and all of these work very well. I just like the Black Widows the best for the TDI beach hunts.

Whatever the case, get a good pair of headphones. They will serve you well in the long run.

Date: September 01, 2017 12:59PM
Thanks therover., pricing out the Black Widows.....a question, being new using the TDI Pro,,what settings do you use on the beach...thanks again,,Tim

I pretty much dig it all when using my PI
Posted by: therover
Date: September 01, 2017 03:29PM
When hunting the beaches using a PI, my mind set is dig all. I know...it's a pain in the butt when you get into areas with lots of small iron.

Most if not all times I use the TDI without GB and the pulse delay at about 12us (near 9:00). Gain around 6. But it really all depends on the conditions. Most of my beaches don't have much black sand.

If there is a lot of iron then I will experiment with the GB on and conductivity switch and try to set the TDI up to look for lower conductive targets. But if old silver is being found I will set it up to search for high conductive targets. Again, that is only if there is tons of small iron around.

Go through some of the old threads. Tons of great information. You will find the TDI is a unit that has lots of capabilities and can be set up lots of ways. As always, the conditions of your beach or area you are hunting determines how to set up the TDI for best performance. Experimenting and trying things out helps you learn the machine. Using the GB and conductivity switch in tandem, and adjusting the GB and pulse delay over targets as you hunt can help you learn what the unit is telling you.

It is time consuming but fun. Once you dig the target up and know what it is, try to remember how the TDI acted on that target as you played around with the GB and pulse delay settings.

Also....this will be a hard one. Leave your other machines home ( ok...take one for a back up), but use the TDI exclusively for several (5-10 minimum) trips to the beach. You may get frustrated at first, but continuing to use that unit exclusively and learn it will pay dividends. Your ears will start to get trained and the deep, smaller round targets will become easier to tell from bigger iron or elongated objects. But just remember....a deep iron/steel washer is round !!!!

Posted by: roadapple
Date: September 01, 2017 06:27PM
+1 On the Black Widow headphones !!!

Date: September 01, 2017 09:33PM
Thanks therover, you gave a lot of helpful info...and roadapple agrees with your Black Widow headphones. Checking on who got the best deal on the Black Widows. Thanks again, Tim

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: September 01, 2017 11:48PM
Jolly roger, nugget busters, etc etc. I can't see much of a difference between any of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login