Welcome! Log In Register
TDI coil
Posted by: markg
Date: September 25, 2017 09:10AM
Anyone had experience with this coil?

Re: TDI coil
Posted by: karelian
Date: September 26, 2017 01:41AM
Looks like the White's 14x8 coil housing, it is a mono coil. Very similar to the older Jimmy Sierra 'Digger' coil which used the same size housing.
Main issue is one of weigh, depth and sensitivity should be good. Great performance price equation. Research the older Jimmy 14 x 8 Digger coil for some owner feedback.. I've got the newer Jimmy/Miner John made Digger 14x8 and it is fantastic..
Hope this is helpful.

All the best,
Karelian

Date: September 28, 2017 06:59AM
Well I ordered one, hope the feel is not much different from the stock 12" coil.
For the price, if it's to heavy I'll trim it down a bit, or use the cord to build my own.
:twodetecting:

Date: October 06, 2017 05:42AM
Received yesterday, doesn't seem to be any heavier than the stock 12" coil.
The coil was order to meet the needs I had:

Needing a true mono coil
To hunt the old school yards where coal waste has been discarded for decades.
I usually have to increase the delay to around 15 because of this small coal waste causes my TDI to false at a delay of 10.
I'm counting on the mono not seeing or rather not as affected by this small metal waste as much.
The larger coil will allow more coverage on the several acres I hunt.
By the way, back in the 50-60s this entire area had several active ball diamonds.

Date: October 07, 2017 06:20AM
Quick update, pinpoint is actually easier than the stock coils. Just sweep side to side and move the coil back until the targets goes silent and dig. Reminds me more of the Fisher F75 with the 11" DD coil when it comes to pinpointing.

Update TDI coil
Date: October 07, 2017 08:54PM
I hunted with mine at an old school yard where coal waste has been discarded for many decades. The coil seemed to run fairly good. Noticed a few things:

Actual ground balance was actually a little higher than with my other coils.

Increasing the delay didn't change the GB as much as my other coils.

It was obvious when the GB balance was off by the increased false audio reports.

I could actually run gain to 7, but past that the machine would false in this bad ground.

Very good coverage.

Felt lighter than the 12" stock coil

I could actually pinpoint better (off the front end of the coil) than the stock coils. My holes were noticeably smaller due to better target location.

Plenty deep enough, I know some may laugh, but I dug beer beaver tails at 6" in this terrible ground.

No gold jewelry was found this time.

Posted by: Jim in Idaho
Date: October 08, 2017 09:49AM
Thanks for the update, Mark I'm looking forward to trying mine.
Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login