Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Which TDI to buy?
Posted by: Squirmingcoil77
Date: October 10, 2017 11:59AM
So im looking to add a PI machine back into my arsenal. Had an Infinium a few years back which I really liked, but I wanted to possibly try out a TDI this time around. My old hunting buddy had an SL and it frustrated him to no end. My infinium was easy to use and i found some great relics. I was wondering which model of the TDI i should look out for? Older big box or the pro or sl? Im primarily using it for land relic hunting only. Thanks for any advice.

Re: Which TDI to buy?
Posted by: Jim in Idaho
Date: October 10, 2017 08:43PM
If you're looking for a new one, the SL is the only one available. If you pair it with a 4-cell li-ion battery pack, it loses very little to the TDI Pro, and is much lighter.
Jim

Posted by: karelian
Date: October 10, 2017 10:53PM
I've got both the Tdi Pro and a Tdi Sl. The Sl is lighter, had a nice smooth stable threshold. If you want to travel on aircraft etc it is the only real choice. because of the battery system. The Pro has better ground balance, coarse and fine, more power, heavier but balances better with larger coils than the SL. If you are going to use big coils and want the extra power and depth, go the Pro.. Compared to all other PI machines the Tdi SL is featherweight and balances beautifully with small, medium coils. Perfect if weight is a primary consideration. The Tdi SL is available new but it can be worth looking for a good used machine.

Regardless of which machine you go for remember that you may be frustrated as you learn how to get the most from it. The Tdi machines are in a sense 'old school', manual ground balance, set the threshold, high low and all conductivity, frequency, pulse delay etc. This level of choice can frustrate and confuse new users but give the experienced user the ability to better tune the machine for the task at hand. I have a friend who does not welcome this level of control and uses the Garrett ATX quite happily, whilst I'm more than happy with my Pro and SL. Lots of good machines in the PI market from different manufacturers, the White's Tdi series offer great performance and value from a trusted company. If you go with any of the Tdi series detectors you owe it to yourself to learn the machine and give it a chance, you won't regret it; I know I haven't.
Good luck and all the best.

Karelian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 10:56PM by karelian.

Posted by: Squirmingcoil77
Date: October 11, 2017 12:46PM
Thank you for the detailed response. Hwlps make my decision on which one to look for. I used to have a DFX so im used to complex fine tuning of settings. Ill keep my eye out for a Pro but think I may just go with the SL. Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login