Findmall.com

Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club (PATH IL)

Welcome! Log In Register
Relics, Silver, Gold Oh My..............
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: November 15, 2011 09:02AM
What a great time for the last camping trip of the season. Nancy and I were joined by our friends from Lockport, Rob and Paulette, Daryl, Star and Steve C from the club came also. Oh ya, and six dogs.......... We burned a truck load of firewood, toasted to the treasure gods a few times and ate well for roughing it in the wild for a few days. Rob and I were the only ones there Friday noon and we were ready to hunt and had permission to hunt a small yard in the older part of town which turned out to be full of oldies. I found a Merc (24) and a Seated dime (56) and some wheat's and Rob found the rest, including some silvers and a couple of Indians. By the time we got back to camp, the rest had showed up and hunting continued at the campgrounds and nearby park. That is where the gold ring was found when I was playing around with a Tesoro Cibola that I had modified.

The afternoon of day two was spent hunting for Civil War relics where I found 7 bullets, one looks more modern though, but still a great hunt. My highlight of the day was probably one of the nicest dug buttons that I have found complete with the back and loop and a chunk of camp lead stock bar and a rivet. Day three was spent closer to camp which has been hunted to death and not much was found other than some wheats and clad.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2011 09:45AM by Larry (IL).

Re: Relics, Silver, Gold Oh My..............
Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: November 15, 2011 09:12AM
Larry was quite the "happy camper". I think everyone made some pretty darn good finds. I even did a bit of hunting too. Didn't find much but did come home with a few extra cents and a newer fishing hoop tag. The best find for the weekend was great friendships that are made. HH, Nancy

Hey Daryl, I'm still looking for my "tip". :rofl::rofl: Sure had a great time with everyone. :cheers:

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

*Crime Scene Investigation Technology Instructor (International Assoc. for Identification)

*12 plus yrs. White's MXT w/DX-1 Pinpointer-SunRay Pro Gold Headphones-Arsenal of coils

Posted by: LandOLincoln
Date: November 15, 2011 09:20AM
Looks like you all did pretty good. What's the year on that seated?

Date: November 15, 2011 09:44AM
Oops, it is a 56 and the merc is a 24.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: November 15, 2011 09:52AM
Sounds like you all had a great time & made some great finds, that's what it's all about---congrats! :thumbup:------------Del

Posted by: mclucky
Date: November 16, 2011 11:13PM
Looks like you had fun...wish I could have joined you. Nice seated...and ring! WOW

Posted by: Hopskippy
Date: November 17, 2011 07:02AM
Always nice to have a good hunt! With friends, even better. Nice finds!
Congrats on the ring and silvers! :thumbup:

MINELAB E-TRAC
Sun Ray X-1 target probe

WHITES SPECTRUM XLT
Sun Ray XL-1 target probe

GARRETT PRO pointer

YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH_37PWuVLqgcmWqe-jJ-mg/feed

Happy Hunting

Date: November 17, 2011 07:17AM
Thanks for joining in with us Mike.

Posted by: captainron
Date: November 20, 2011 11:20AM
Excellent time had by all...that's great! Got a pix of that button? Gotta be very cool.
Capt Ron

XP Deus 11" coil and CP6 headphones
White's Spectra V3i w/wireless headphones, 10" coil and SunRay DX-1 inline probe & 4X6 Eclipse DD coil
Tesoro Tejon

Invite someone to hunt with you today
Enjoying living in the hills of Chatanooga, TN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login