Findmall.com

Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club (PATH IL)

Welcome! Log In Register
February Silver
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: February 03, 2012 08:54PM
I got a couple of hours in this afternoon with the temps a little over 50, a great day to go hunting. Ended up with my February Silver fix, two merc's, a 43 and a 44........... not worth taking a picture for two dimes and some clad, but thanks to Nancy's idea, we have a place to have a Club hunt when the weather allows. I know there is silver there and some clad too...... and a chance for real old silver as well..... :clapping:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Re: February Silver
Posted by: SWAMP HAWK
Date: February 04, 2012 12:15AM
good job!!!!!!!!!! silver club!!!!!!!

Posted by: geodehunter
Date: February 04, 2012 06:32PM
Excuse me Mr President sir, I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your Mercs. Some of us less fortunate ones have not made it into the 2012 Silver Club yet.

Hunt hard & Hunt safe!!!
Peoria Area Treasure Hunters
Robbie, Hamilton,Il
Minelab E-Trac, Whites TRX Pin-Pointer
Sun Ray Pro-Gold Headphones, Lesche
RNB Innovations 3100mah Battery

Date: February 04, 2012 07:35PM
I just got them carded and put away Robbie, sorry. What I thought was a 44 is a 42 after cleaning. I will get pictures of the next silver finds.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

Posted by: flinthunter
Date: February 04, 2012 10:31PM
Way to go Larry. I got my first Febraury silver fix today. Just a ring, not old silver coins. I'll probably try again in the morning.

Posted by: dave5710
Date: February 05, 2012 08:12AM
Nice finds Larry, The first coin I dug this year was a well worn 23 Merc. It came from a spot that I have put a coil over countless times, and from an area that hasn't produced silver for me in over 4 years. I wonder if the mild winter and the almost daily freezing and thawing isn't working some coins up through the soil. Can I send my dues check to you? I'm guessing that it is still $25 and your address is still the same.

Dave
Central Illinois
T-2 & Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Keep pluggin' away"

Date: February 05, 2012 08:31AM
You sure can Dave and your info is correct. It is hard to figure out the silver mystery, that has happened to me countless times. I don't know if the silver moves and if it does I would think that it wouldn't move much...... :shrug: but then it wouldn't have to move much to be seen by the detector. In my case, the silvers were masked and I was getting one way hits but I dug anyway and was rewarded for the effort.

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: February 05, 2012 01:04PM
Silver is silver. Congratulations on your first February silver! Hope you and Star find many more silvers. HH, Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

*Crime Scene Investigation Technology Instructor (International Assoc. for Identification)

*12 plus yrs. White's MXT w/DX-1 Pinpointer-SunRay Pro Gold Headphones-Arsenal of coils
* Minelab E-trac as of Aug. 2014

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login