Findmall.com

Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club (PATH IL)

Welcome! Log In Register
It's Been a While
Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: June 25, 2017 06:11AM
It's been a while since Larry and I have been detecting. Since we got some much needed rain, we went out detecting for a bit. Couldn't stay long because health issues but I did find a couple of keepers. 1963 quarter, a 1946 wheat cent and a really cool old faucet knob.

And here's a picture of our youngest member, Major. He's our lap dog (puppy). :blink: Thanks for looking and HH, Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Re: It's Been a While
Posted by: flinthunter
Date: June 25, 2017 08:55AM
Good job. Wow, Major has sure gotten big.

I got permission to hit a neighbors yard. Went over it a bit when it was dry just to get an idea of what might be below ground, no digging but did get two deep Indian Head Cent signals. Went back after the rains and found one of the Indians and an 1830's flat button with a tiny bit of gilt still on the back. It's frustrating, I still haven't relocated the second Indian signal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2017 08:57AM by flinthunter.

Date: June 25, 2017 09:49AM
As for Major, I think he must be part camel. And here we bought him thinking he was a Boxer. :surprised:

Good detecting! I love those Indians. :thumbup: Isn't it something that as old as the button is and being in a field with so many chemicals in the field, it's still has some gilt. That's so cool. I hope you can find where the other Indian ran to. I swear they do move HH, Nancy1

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2017 10:29AM by Nancy-IL.

Posted by: Pmedic
Date: July 22, 2017 11:06AM
Right there with ya. I haven't been able to get out at all this summer until this past Thursday. Didn't find much of anything though, just some clad and pull tabs of course. I only stayed out for a couple hours though. The heat and humidity were really starting to get to me. Every other time I had a day off it was raining or, I had family functions to attend. Going out tomorrow though, hopefully the weather cools off a little because, where I am going there aren't many shade trees. Hope everyone is having a great summer! HH

Date: July 22, 2017 04:01PM
I hope you're able to get out and enjoy the hobby tomorrow. I don't know but I think the weather is still to be oppressive. Be careful out there and take water. HH, Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login