Findmall.com

Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club (PATH IL)

Welcome! Log In Register
One Little Two Little..............
Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: July 06, 2017 01:41PM
We were out and about in Kewanee and we were on our way back to the camper and I noticed a gentlemen mowing a "for sale" yard. I had Larry turn around and he went to ask about detecting it. It was the gentlemen's home and he was very nice. We had that yard to detect and then the back yard of the other house next door.

With detector in hand, I started on the right of the sidewalk leading up to the house. I spent over an hour just in that area.

Had a really good signal and I pulled the plug back and dug a bit more then I found the an Indian. I put the plug back in, swung my detector over it again and it went off. I opened the plug, dug the dirt out again. Sure enough, there was another Indian cent. Again, I checked the hole and sure enough, another Indian cent. YAHOO!!!! Three little Indians. (That's why you always check your hole twice, three times in this case.) Years are 1899, 1905 & 1906. I was very excited.

The "Sterling" thimble was one of my favorite finds. That's the second silver thimble I've found. The Barber dime is a 1906-D. A small handful of Wheat cents, 1909, 2-1910, 1914, and 2-1918, 1930 (which the 1930 came from another place).

The pedant was a 14K Plated, "Seal of the State of Illinois" with the date. Not real old but still a cool find Thanks Don!!! What a nice man.

I hope others were out and about.

HH,

Nancy

Re: One Little Two Little..............
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: July 06, 2017 02:03PM
Congratulations on some GREAT finds honey :clapping:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: wlininger@hotmail.com
Date: July 06, 2017 10:16PM
Was it on Chestnut St?

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: July 07, 2017 07:04AM
Chestnut St.? Oh WOW! Good guess Bill.

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: flinthunter
Date: July 07, 2017 08:00AM
What a great hunt. Congratulations!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login