Findmall.com

Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club (PATH IL)

Welcome! Log In Register
PATH Club Fun Hunt Was Very Interesting
Posted by: flinthunter
Date: July 16, 2017 03:09PM
Only six people showed up for the club fun hunt Saturday, but I believe everyone had a good time.

Lots of clad and only a couple older coins found in the grassy areas of the park, but the interesting part of the hunt happened when Star spotted some bare dirt. It was only an area measuring about 15 by 30 feet but had been covered by concrete since before the mid 1970's, so I believe that it had never been hunted before. In total she pulled 1 silver quarter, 1 Barber Dime, 2 Mercury Dimes, 1 Indian Cent, 1 1850's French coin, and 23 Wheat Cents. Several other members joined her in this small area and also found a few older coins.

We've hunted this park since the mid 70' and it was awesome hunting when we first started detecting there. Just imagine what it was like when the first people with detectors started hunting there a few years earlier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2017 03:35PM by flinthunter.

Re: PATH Club Fun Hunt Was Very Interesting
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: July 16, 2017 04:51PM
Congratulations to Star and the other lucky hunters. Sorry we couldn't make it to the hunt or Board meeting, that four letter word (work) keeps getting in the way, especially this month. Looks like I might get a few days off work late in the month though.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: July 16, 2017 06:50PM
Larry has been working so much playing catch up. Way to go Star and others.

We wish we had some rain, I don't know about Peoria but our ground is bone dry here.

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: jackson00
Date: July 16, 2017 07:47PM
Great job hosting the fun hunt Daryl :clap: I had a great time

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login