Findmall.com

Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club (PATH IL)

Welcome! Log In Register
Water Shut off search
Posted by: Louie24
Date: July 29, 2017 03:52PM
Thank you to my new friends from Low Point who came to Washington to help search for my water shut off in the ditch. We did not find it, so I am confident now that it does not exist. Darrel and his wife spent 3 hours looking!! I'm glad PATH exists and am so grateful for their help. Julie

Re: Water Shut off search
Posted by: Ben Town
Date: July 29, 2017 07:31PM
Julie
I'm glad you got the mystery solved
Dan

Posted by: flinthunter
Date: July 30, 2017 09:15PM
Hi Julie

I'm sorry we couldn't find the shut off but Star and I had a wonderful time just talking and sharing stories with you. It was so funny finding out that we all knew some of the same people and places. We always enjoy making new friends and hope we get to see one another again sometime soon. Best of luck with the house and maybe you can attend one of our meetings to see what the club is about and also meet a great bunch of people. I think this was the first time Star had used a dowsing stick and she is excited to learn more about the art of witching for water and/or lost treasures.:thumbup:

Daryl and Star

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: August 02, 2017 08:25AM
Julie,

If you're in the town of Washington and paying a water bill, you've got a water shut off valve. Believe me, if you don't pay your bill, the city water department will come and turn it off. They will know where the water shut off valve is at. Just call and ask them.

Good luck,

Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Date: August 03, 2017 07:36AM
Nancy, this water system is on a private well.

Date: August 03, 2017 07:57AM
LOL. Of course it wouldn't have a shut off valve. Too funny! :rolleyes:

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: August 03, 2017 08:00AM
flinthunter

That makes a BIG difference, no need for a separate shutoff valve on a well. The shutoff is the power switch........ :biggrin:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Date: August 03, 2017 08:18AM
Larry (IL)
flinthunter

That makes a BIG difference, no need for a separate shutoff valve on a well. The shutoff is the power switch........ :biggrin:

Larry, the well serves at least 7 households.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: August 03, 2017 08:24AM
No valve inside where the water line comes into the house?

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Date: August 03, 2017 12:58PM
The shut off inside the house is leaking and needs replaced. That is why the water needs turned off outside. I saw the shut off valves of the neighbors on each side of this house. They are a round handle that sticks up about 4 inches above the ground next to the main waterline. I witched the house line down to the main line and they join up just a few feet away from a cable box and a large underground electrical junction. The EMI is wild.

Date: August 03, 2017 06:30PM
Boy oh boy, that sounds confusing. I've never had well water before. Relatives have but they're on their own well.

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login