Findmall.com

Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club (PATH IL)

Welcome! Log In Register
Gone camping
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: August 01, 2017 06:43PM
We had a chance to get a way for a few days from work... boy was that needed. We had a great time and even found a little time to go hunting. There was an old ball diamond that I have worked before but digging and hunting was just perfect and I was getting some deep targets in the 8 to 9 inch range. I pulled up some silver and wheats with the usual clad. To my surprise a 1974 Kennedy half was found today before we left for home. We hunted a few houses too but that was pretty much all clad..... nothing old.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Re: Gone camping
Posted by: flinthunter
Date: August 02, 2017 07:39AM
Looks like you had a good time.

Re: Gone camping
Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: August 02, 2017 02:20PM
I didn't find any silver this trip but I did come home with a cool skeleton key and a few wheat cents with the oldest 1938. The key is marked "Suburban Toy".

And then we found a really cool old bar & grill to have a bite and a cold brew. :cheers: No, it wasn't PBR, it was Miller Lite.

Congratulations to you Larry for finding all the silver dimes. Love that Kennedy half also. :thumbup:

What a great long weekend. Camping with good friends, metal detecting and finding a few good treasures at resale shops. Doesn't get any better! Larry found this HUGE bird feeder at one of the shops. I love it!

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2017 02:21PM by Nancy-IL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login