Findmall.com

Garrett AT Pro & AT Gold Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
AT PRO OR AT GOLD
Posted by: diggertwo
Date: February 16, 2012 12:54PM
CAN ANYONE TELL THE DIFF. BETWEEN AT PRO AND AT GOLD.
WHICH WOULD BE BETTER ALL ROUND MACHINE THANKS

Re: AT PRO OR AT GOLD
Posted by: FlyingMonkey
Date: February 16, 2012 01:09PM
The only diff I see is the frequency.. The ATI Pro is 15khz vs ATI Gold which is 18khz. The higher frequency is better for gold detection however its at the top of the scale for coin shooting. Such a small difference I am tempted to buy the TI Gold but am open to suggestion also if someone can point out a significant difference beyond the frequency. If you are looking for really hi frequency for gold then the fisher gold bug 2 is 71 khz.

Posted by: blade310
Date: February 16, 2012 04:05PM
Fisher Gold Bug.....TSK...TSK

Luck in the hunt to all! . Blade310
Atpro
T2
T2SE
CZ3D
F2
Pro pointer, A must have. (for me anyway).

Date: February 16, 2012 04:31PM
Some one not impressed with my suggestion of a gold bug 2 ?? lol

At least state why??

Posted by: BigCatDaddy
Date: February 16, 2012 04:31PM
Go with the Pro unless you plan on doing some prospecting....and turn those ALL CAPS off!!! That's just like screaming on the Internet. Very rude.

Date: February 16, 2012 04:39PM
Good suggestion. The ATI Gold is aimed at people wanting to prospect as well as coin shooting etc. So the question is really weather you will use it fir prospecting and how often?? If the answer comes up rarely then the Pro should be a great solution for you. have a great day!!

Posted by: coin hunter
Date: February 16, 2012 05:20PM
If you notice on the AT Gold there is no coin denomination break down. 1, 5, 10, 25 cents. In that area it just said thick. I suppose you could lable that area yourself with a labeler. The AT Gold comes with a smaller coil and a higher price. If your basically hunting for coins the AT PRO is made more user friendly for that purpose.

Posted by: blade310
Date: February 16, 2012 05:44PM
No offense FlyingMonkey. Its just not often that a fisher detector is promoted on the GARRETT Atpro &Atgold forum.:cool:

Luck in the hunt to all! . Blade310
Atpro
T2
T2SE
CZ3D
F2
Pro pointer, A must have. (for me anyway).

Posted by: JOE in MD
Date: February 16, 2012 07:36PM
I own both and I use my AT PRO for parks, woods, and in the water, where as I use the AT GOLD for relic hunting and in "HOT "ground

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: February 16, 2012 10:03PM
Both the AT Pro/AT Gold will work great for coins and most relics, however, for hunting gold nuggests or tiny tiny objects, the AT Gold is the better choice because of it's true all metal mode + threshold adjustments. The AT Pro might do a bit better for coins and relics because the Pro can be adjusted by adding or removing notches without depth loss, whereas the AT Gold has pre-programed the unit for gold searching, relics/coins or just coins, without being able to remove any notched. The AT Pro will ground balance to salt water, the AT Gold cannot be ground balanced to salt. And of course both are water proof.

Think about what and where you are going to hunt. That should give you a little more insight into which one to buy.

John

Posted by: 1ringedingy
Date: February 17, 2012 08:50AM
Is it just me or does it seem like more people are returning AT Pro's for repair as opposed to the AT Gold. Ether way, Garrett is great about getting them fixed rapidly though..

Ray

Posted by: diggertwo
Date: February 17, 2012 09:07AM
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT COMMENTS.
CAN ANYONE COMPARE THE AT GOLD WITH THE FISHER GOLD BUG 2
FOR FINDING REAL SMALL GOLD.

Posted by: ba5online
Date: February 17, 2012 09:37AM
Thank You John-Edmonton for your consistent and helpful posts.
We always get helpful and knowledgeable information we can all use from you!
Thanks for being our moderator and please continue!

HH

Posted by: Eric (NH)
Date: February 17, 2012 09:48AM
There is a really nice AT Pro vs. Gold comparison chart on the Garrett website...just enter the hobby site...it is on the first page.

HH, Eric (NH)

Great Idea Eric......Here's The Graph:cheers:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: February 17, 2012 11:22AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login