Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
Deepest coin you've found with the AT Pro?
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: May 11, 2017 08:54AM
Been looking at the new AT Max. Looks like a great machine.

Just curious what the deepest you've ever dug a coin with the AT Pro? I realize depth isn't everything.

Re: Deepest coin you've found with the AT Pro?
Date: May 11, 2017 12:03PM
I guess no one found any coins at any depth? :shrug:

Posted by: undrpar
Date: May 11, 2017 12:37PM
Re: AT Pro and deep coins.
Posted by: snide [ Send a Message ]
Date: February 28, 2012 05:55PM
I dug have dug many coins deeper than the length of the pro pointer. I dug a merc dime at every bit of 10 inches once. I hunt with buddies who use minelab explorers, Mxt pro's, Vx3i's, and I have YET to not hear a target they though was deeper than my AT PRO would stretch..

Posted by: undrpar
Date: May 11, 2017 12:38PM
That was an old post,thought it might help

Posted by: jim tn
Date: May 11, 2017 12:54PM
Depending on ground conditions, with careful listening using head phones I've dug dimes in the 8-9" depth range. 9" is rare, though. 8", is more the deepest norm for me. On average ground, day in and day out, your Explorer will probably be the deeper of the two machines. In trashy parks and yard hunting and in sites with iron, the A T Pro really shines and it has wonderful "dig me" audio. Hope this helps. Keep in mind, ground conditions vary. HH jim tn

Date: May 11, 2017 01:56PM
undrpar
Re: AT Pro and deep coins.
Posted by: snide [ Send a Message ]
Date: February 28, 2012 05:55PM
I dug have dug many coins deeper than the length of the pro pointer. I dug a merc dime at every bit of 10 inches once. I hunt with buddies who use minelab explorers, Mxt pro's, Vx3i's, and I have YET to not hear a target they though was deeper than my AT PRO would stretch..

Thanks for sharing! That's so cool to know!

When in iron trash, what coil do you use?
Date: May 11, 2017 02:00PM
jim tn
Depending on ground conditions, with careful listening using head phones I've dug dimes in the 8-9" depth range. 9" is rare, though. 8", is more the deepest norm for me. On average ground, day in and day out, your Explorer will probably be the deeper of the two machines. In trashy parks and yard hunting and in sites with iron, the A T Pro really shines and it has wonderful "dig me" audio. Hope this helps. Keep in mind, ground conditions vary. HH jim tn

Thanks Jim,
Being the deepest is not always the bestest. LOL

It's nice to know though that the Garrets are good in trash. When in iron trash do you use the stock coil?

Re: When in iron trash, what coil do you use?
Date: May 11, 2017 03:53PM
The stock coil does a good job, but in really heavy trash and iron I prefer a little smaller coil. They see a few less targets. Garrett's 5 x 8 is good and also is the NEL Sharpshooter. HH jim tn

Posted by: marcomo
Date: May 11, 2017 05:27PM
Tony, I would call AT Pro depth decent but not exceptional.

For instance, I've had multiple F75s and the F75 is definitely deeper but I would take the AT Pro every time because I like the audio so much better.

My cz-3d air tests about 2" deeper stock coil to stock coil, but it also falses a lot on iron and the AT Pro does not. In heavier trash and especially heavier iron, I'll take the AT over the cz every time.

The stock coil air tests about 1"-1.5" deeper than the 5X8, but the 5X8 is much better in iron and trash and ergonomically better too.

Date: May 11, 2017 05:45PM
marcomo
Tony, I would call AT Pro depth decent but not exceptional.

For instance, I've had multiple F75s and the F75 is definitely deeper but I would take the AT Pro every time because I like the audio so much better.

My cz-3d air tests about 2" deeper stock coil to stock coil, but it also falses a lot on iron and the AT Pro does not. In heavier trash and especially heavier iron, I'll take the AT over the cz every time.

The stock coil air tests about 1"-1.5" deeper than the 5X8, but the 5X8 is much better in iron and trash and ergonomically better too.

Thanks for the great infor, marcomo!
Many coins in my area are between 6 and 10 inches deep. Do you think the Pro would hit at least dimes and pennies at 8 to 10 inches hard enough to tell you to dig?

Date: May 11, 2017 05:59PM
Tony, I'm not marcomo, but I think I've heard your ground up there is fairly mild and if so, the A T Pro should hit 8-10" cents and dimes for you. HH jim tn

Posted by: marcomo
Date: May 11, 2017 11:59PM
In my moderate ground, Jim's description above hits it just right. Dimes and pennies 8-9" definitely happen but deep coins are easily missed if you are not listening carefully.

Posted by: coast40
Date: May 12, 2017 12:26AM
Have 20 hours with the AT Pro. Found crusty red 80's dime and nickel at Lesche blade depth with a barely there but mostly repeatable sound and tid. 8 x 11, pro zero, 5 iron. I kinda expect a better signal for that depth, as it is only slightly better than the F2 is on the same field.

:garrett: AT Pro. :fisher: Gold Bug :fisher: F2 with 4", 8", and NEL Tornado coils. :whites:TRX pinpointer. Lesche digger. Bobcat 331 excavator. Oregon Coast

Posted by: Southwind
Date: May 12, 2017 06:06AM
8-10" Would be my deepest

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: coast40
Date: May 13, 2017 03:55AM
coast40
Have 20 hours with the AT Pro. Found crusty red 80's dime and nickel at Lesche blade depth with a barely there but mostly repeatable sound and tid. 8 x 11, pro zero, 5 iron. I kinda expect a better signal for that depth, as it is only slightly better than the F2 is on the same field.
I measured the Lesche blade, 7.25", not bad for a crusty dime I suppose...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login