Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Deepest coin you've found with the AT Pro?
Posted by: Turak
Date: May 14, 2017 09:51PM
Hmmm...

Using my AT Pro in Pro coin mode with the 8.5 x 11 DD Coil, I hit on a dime at 9 inches, a quarter at 11 inches and a quarter at 12 inches

All three US clad coins and in highly mineralized soil. Typically auto ground balances between 88-92.

The AT Pro with the above coil can definitely hit pennies and dimes at 8-10 inches hard enough so you know to dig them. But you have to listen carefully.

At that depth the ID numbers change a bit compared to the same coins at 5 or 6 inches down.

Posted by: coast40
Date: May 15, 2017 12:37AM
coast40
coast40
Have 20 hours with the AT Pro. Found crusty red 80's dime and nickel at Lesche blade depth with a barely there but mostly repeatable sound and tid. 8 x 11, pro zero, 5 iron. I kinda expect a better signal for that depth, as it is only slightly better than the F2 is on the same field.
I measured the Lesche blade, 7.25", not bad for a crusty dime I suppose...
7" deep pennies tonight in same GB 86 soil hit so hard I thought they were cans or large iron. Numbers were solid. Still learning.

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: May 16, 2017 04:21AM
coast40
coast40
coast40
Have 20 hours with the AT Pro. Found crusty red 80's dime and nickel at Lesche blade depth with a barely there but mostly repeatable sound and tid. 8 x 11, pro zero, 5 iron. I kinda expect a better signal for that depth, as it is only slightly better than the F2 is on the same field.
7" deep pennies tonight in same GB 86 soil hit so hard I thought they were cans or large iron. Numbers were solid. Still learning.

Are you searching in Pro mode?

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: May 16, 2017 04:28AM
marcomo
Tony, I would call AT Pro depth decent but not exceptional.

For instance, I've had multiple F75s and the F75 is definitely deeper but I would take the AT Pro every time because I like the audio so much better.

My cz-3d air tests about 2" deeper stock coil to stock coil, but it also falses a lot on iron and the AT Pro does not. In heavier trash and especially heavier iron, I'll take the AT over the cz every time.

The stock coil air tests about 1"-1.5" deeper than the 5X8, but the 5X8 is much better in iron and trash and ergonomically better too.

The problem with my Minelab detectors is that often when *near* a deeo old rusty square cut nail, they give the impression it's an iffy silver. Does the AT Pro do this?
I've dug a lot of those square nails. This old farm I live on is littered with about 200 years of nails and other debre.

Date: May 16, 2017 04:48AM
Tony N (Michigan)
coast40
coast40
coast40

Are you searching in Pro mode?
Pro zero, iron discrim 0 to 5, no notching, full sens, pretty much wide open.

:garrett: AT Pro. :fisher: Gold Bug :fisher: F2 with 4", 8", and NEL Tornado coils. :whites:TRX pinpointer. Lesche digger. Bobcat 331 excavator. Oregon Coast

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2017 04:50AM by coast40.

Date: May 16, 2017 05:02AM
Tony N (Michigan)
marcomo

For instance, I've had multiple F75s and the F75 is definitely deeper but I would take the AT Pro every time because I like the audio so much better.

My cz-3d air tests about 2" deeper stock coil to stock coil, but it also falses a lot on iron and the AT Pro does not. In heavier trash and especially heavier iron, I'll take the AT over the cz every time.

The stock coil air tests about 1"-1.5" deeper than the 5X8, but the 5X8 is much better in iron and trash and ergonomically better too.

The problem with my Minelab detectors is that often when *near* a deeo old rusty square cut nail, they give the impression it's an iffy silver. Does the AT Pro do this?
I've dug a lot of those square nails. This old farm I live on is littered with about 200 years of nails and other debre.
The ATPro is a little confused in junk with the 8x11 coil (my yard). The coins are coming from a sports field where the gold ring came from; pretty clean iron wise. No silver with the ATP yet.

Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: May 17, 2017 10:18AM
10 inch wheat penny solid signal in loamy soil. Using Garrett sharp shooter coil.

Posted by: Pastor bob
Date: May 18, 2017 04:09PM
10" seated dime in mild Kansas soil.

Posted by: marcomo
Date: May 19, 2017 10:33AM
Tony N (Michigan)
marcomo

The AT Pro falses less on small iron than other detectors I've used, but it still happens to me occasionally on deep iffys.

Posted by: Jamie1993
Date: May 19, 2017 12:34PM
The deepest coin I found was an 1820 King George III shilling at 10 1/2". The soil was damp pretty much all the way down.

Posted by: copperdave
Date: August 05, 2017 04:07PM
My best was 12", very faint reading, but solid, showed a 86 (flash). I stomped on the ground to try a better reading (trick I learned from this forum). I had faith in the machine and found a 1895 Barber quarter, Way cool!

Posted by: tarajudy
Date: August 06, 2017 05:22AM
As I said many times I only fresh water lake hunt in 4-5ft deep water. NO PROBLEM FINDING COINS, RINGS, STUD EARRINGS down to 12-15" deep. Boys and girls I KID YOU NOT. I DON'T DO MUCH LAND HUNTING EXCEPT SANDY BEACHES SALT AND FRESH WATER. I DO NOT LIE. 48 YEARS DETECTING, YOU MUST KNOW YOUR SOUNDS YOUR DETECTOR MAKES PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Posted by: tarajudy
Date: August 08, 2017 08:04AM
10-15 FHESH WATER LAKE, NO PROBLEM. I KID YOU NOT. ALSO 1 MENS ROLEX 14K IN 4 FT OF WATER ABOUT 8 INCHES DEEP 2 YEARS AGO. A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME FIND. EXCUSE CAPS KEY BOARD IS STUCK AGAIN,WILL FIX THAT AS SOON AS I GET TO WALLY WORLD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login