Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
SEARCH COIL
Posted by: tarajudy
Date: May 27, 2017 04:14PM
Which search would you recommend for my GARRETT AT PRO GOLD??? I only fresh water lake hunt. Need a good coil for hunting.

Re: SEARCH COIL
Posted by: jim tn
Date: May 27, 2017 06:29PM
I like Garrett's 11" DD for fresh water lake hunting with my A T Pro. I am going to add the little bigger concentric to it or the Max when it comes out. HH jim tn

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: May 28, 2017 12:36AM
I would suggest a larger coil, like the 11" DD coil like Jim uses, or 9" x 12" concentric coil. (I use this one). I prefer the concentric coils because the give more accurate discrimination then the DD coils. However, I sometimes use the sniper coil or 5" x 8" coil to search the cut, where most of the trash accumulates, to get coins and rings.

Posted by: Russ88
Date: May 28, 2017 01:57AM
Hello John.....Is the 9 x 12 concentric less or more nose heavy than the 8 1/2 X 11DD inch coil? (Is the issue of being nose heavy with the larger coils really a big issue or is it a bit overstated?). With the 9 x 12 concentric is the VDI numbers much more tighter vs pouncing around with the DD coils? Does that information then provide a better guide to whether to dig or not to dig? Which coil is deeper or they on par?

Thanks
Russ88

Posted by: ewtaylor
Date: July 08, 2017 03:52PM
John-Edmonton
I would suggest a larger coil, like the 11" DD coil like Jim uses, or 9" x 12" concentric coil. (I use this one). I prefer the concentric coils because the give more accurate discrimination then the DD coils. However, I sometimes use the sniper coil or 5" x 8" coil to search the cut, where most of the trash accumulates, to get coins and rings.

The black sniper coil is waterproof?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login