Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
At Pro?
Posted by: JJames1610
Date: July 09, 2017 04:22PM
You guys that have them and use them. Do you consider them deep detectors? I am considering this model and a Tejon. This would be used for deep relic hunting, no coin hunting. Thanks

Re: At Pro?
Posted by: kajunman
Date: July 09, 2017 08:46PM
JJames1610
You guys that have them and use them. Do you consider them deep detectors? I am considering this model and a Tejon. This would be used for deep relic hunting, no coin hunting. Thanks

I live in Houston and for comparison , I get 10" on a quarter with ease. It may depend on what kind of dirt you have. If you have the time to wait you may want to see what the Max has to offer in the way of depth. I know nothing about the Tejon.

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: July 09, 2017 10:51PM
Depth will be relative to the coil size, ground mineralization, size of target, target orientation to the coil, how the electronics are set up and the threshold of how quiet a target is until the user passes on digging it. Larger coil usually means extra depth. Less mineralization gets better depth. So, yes, the AT Series can get some great depth. But depth should not be the number one reason for buying a metal detector.

The AT Series strengths lie in their ability to pick out good targets amongst trashy areas. They are also one of the best metal detectors which feature great audio characteristics to help identify silver/copper targets and leave iron targets in the ground. The fact that they can also hunt in the water, is almost like getting 2 detectors for the price of one.

Below is a slide show of what my Garretts found last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkGmb_xPqN0

Date: July 09, 2017 11:00PM
Thanks, i have nothing but praise for Garrett detectors. The ones i have owned in the past have been solid detectors. Have not had an At pro.

Posted by: jim tn
Date: July 10, 2017 01:45PM
The A T Pro is one of the better all around detectors, at any price, around. John nailed its strengths, but I will emphasize it is great in iron infested sites with its rapid target response and hence target separation characteristics. As mainly a old coin hunter, I personally don't consider the A T Pro a depth demon, but it nails dimes 7-8" nicely in my moderate ground. I don't have the larger concentric coil and would expect that to do better depth wise. Good luck with your choice. HH jim tn

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: July 10, 2017 01:47PM
X2. My experience mirrors JimTN

jim tn
The A T Pro is one of the better all around detectors, at any price, around. John nailed its strengths, but I will emphasize it is great in iron infested sites with its rapid target response and hence target separation characteristics. As mainly a old coin hunter, I personally don't consider the A T Pro a depth demon, but it nails dimes 7-8" nicely in my moderate ground. I don't have the larger concentric coil and would expect that to do better depth wise. Good luck with your choice. HH jim tn

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: dan b
Date: July 11, 2017 04:54AM
I've had numerous Tejons in the past, and currently swing an ATPro, If you are only interested in relics, and you plan to hunt in all metal, the Tejon will beat the ATPro for depth easily. I've dug 22's 15" deep with the Tejon. It's crazy deep in AM. Use disc and you give up some of that depth, but it's still the better choice for pure relic hunting. But for general hunting, including coins and jewellry, it's tough to beat the ATPro.

Dan

Current detectors:
:garrett: ATPro
Previously owned: :tesoro:, :garrett:, :fisher: , :teknetics:, :minelab:, and :whites:

Date: July 12, 2017 12:03PM
Many thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login