Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
Electrical interference
Posted by: Mike1962
Date: July 11, 2017 02:49PM
I've posted a question on this before but thought I would bring up again just to get more help. Was detecting last night and the yard I was in just had a ton of interference. The detector just making all kinds of noise. I could still detect legitimate targets, but the noise was irritating. Not sure how I would have put up with that if I had headphones on. I tried all 4 frequency settings on my AT Pro but that didn't help. I have my sensitivity set 2 bars down from the top. I had the descrimination set at 25. I supposed there is nothing else I can do? Put up with it or move to a different area?
Thanks, Mike

Re: Electrical interference
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: July 12, 2017 10:56AM
Sometimes, the EMI is so severe from underground or above ground wiring, that it's near impossible to hunt unless you really reduce the sensitivity.

Posted by: RLOH
Date: July 12, 2017 02:49PM
Mike, I have detected several yards in town with similar emi. Both times there were underground dog fences within 75 feet.

Posted by: Strobing_NYC
Date: July 12, 2017 06:41PM
Dog fences will kill any machine, it over powers the signal from the machine so you end up hearing the fence pulses lol... Turn off the fence or find a new yard :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login