Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
AT Gold ?
Posted by: BarryL
Date: July 30, 2017 10:24AM
need a little help bought a used AT Gold detector not beat up has a few light scratches. Have used the AT Pro years and really liked it never had the gold so bought one used . it seems to have a lot of static background noise when swinging over the ground hits solid on targets and gives good ID numbers just really noisy . Had threshold set at 00 and even tried adjusting in the - as well as + no change . tried different coil still noisy. Did Factory reset still the same . are they just staticky . I was thinking on sending it in to be checked out but before I did wanted to ask those that use them their opinion . and it ground balances very well and is quiet when I hold it in the air . Thanks for any help or opinions

Re: AT Gold ?
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: July 30, 2017 01:26PM
It shouldn't be statically? If you change location and it it still continues, it needs to go to the Garrett Hospital.:stretcher: Or......if everything else is working fine, learn to live with it.

Date: July 30, 2017 02:21PM
Its going to Garland to be checked sure as Heck can't live with that noise.

Posted by: dbado1
Date: July 31, 2017 08:12AM
Yes, time for a check up. Mine is not noisy...even around power lines that make other machines noisy. Good luck!

Dean

Date: July 31, 2017 05:09PM
Thanks it is on the way to Garrett after I talked to a fellow there he says sounds like a problem in control head

Posted by: tarajudy
Date: August 01, 2017 01:37AM
had a bad coil wire plug.

Date: August 09, 2017 05:06PM
Got the AT Gold back today and works like a champ now seems they had to repair the PCB and housing was replace as well as Speaker . Thumbs up to Garret for the best Customer service and fast turn around time

Posted by: jim tn
Date: August 09, 2017 06:02PM
Posted by: marcomo
Date: August 10, 2017 04:16PM
Garrett service is indeed :thumbup:.

The person that sold you a defective detector :thumbdown:.

Date: August 10, 2017 05:28PM
marcomo
Garrett service is indeed :thumbup:.

The person that sold you a defective detector :thumbdown:.

Sometimes it happens cant blame the guy I got it from he was a pleasure to deal with . He offered to pay the repair cost and I refused Kinda like a used car it sometimes needs things after the purchase . I do know that It has a totally different tone than the AT Pro on different targets but man it is a demon in the all metal mode

Posted by: tarajudy
Date: August 17, 2017 03:12AM
Mine also is static noisy. Call GARRETT talked to a person who was clueless. Ask them should I get tech to help me or send it back answer was you can if you want to.. Detector is 3 months old. WHAT A JOKE THIS COMPANY'S PERSON HAD NO IDEAR..

Date: August 17, 2017 05:13PM
tarajudy
Mine also is static noisy. Call GARRETT talked to a person who was clueless. Ask them should I get tech to help me or send it back answer was you can if you want to.. Detector is 3 months old. WHAT A JOKE THIS COMPANY'S PERSON HAD NO IDEAR..

Not sure who you spoke with but I had a pleasant Lady answer and I told her my Problem she gave me a RMA number and sent it in . They had to repair a problem on the PC board as well as the complete casing and faceplate as well as the connectors for coil and headphones . all is good and no more static cost a whole whopping 82.00 . Have no complaints Garrett is as good as it gets IMHO

Posted by: jim tn
Date: August 17, 2017 06:13PM
Yep! HH jim tn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login