Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Running The AT Max At Full Sensitivity Using Threshold Turns It Into A Beast!:nerd:
Posted by: synthnut
Date: August 08, 2017 08:06AM
Hi John,

I agree with you that there is probably NO detector regardless of company that can accurately determine an object at fringe area's .....Acutally I haven't seen any detector accurately identify a target at depths of 12 inches or more ...... Whisper, tone , beep , squawk , and repeatable tones at these depths ? .....SURE !! ...

One of the hilights of my metal detecting times was when I was with OldBeechnut ( Joe) and EZrider (Bob) and we were at a NJ beach ....It was colder than a witches ......you get the idea .....We had a few detectors with us .....I had an AT Pro ad and a couple of other detectors ....OBN had his Hot Rodded Excal , and EZ had his CZ-21 and an Etrac ...We were burying various targets at various depths .....If I remember correctly , we took a 14ct gold wedding ring , and sent it down like 18 inches or so ....We were all laughing and saying that someone in China would take the ring it was so deep ....My AT Pro didn't stand a chance ...OBN's Excal was reading stuff pretty darn deep , but didn't even get a whisper .....EZ took out his CZ-21 that I am fortunate to own now , and he got a repeatable tone !!! .....WE ALL CHECKED the target , and the machine , and HEARD THIS THING HITTING !! ......We couldn't believe our ears ....We stood there shaking our heads ....We removed the ring , and swept the area again , and .....NO TONE !! ....We were in fact hitting that ring !!!!.....Granted , it was giving off a soft iron tone that was repeatable, but a tone just the same ......As John said, it's those targets on the fringe area's that will surely surprise you ....Jim

Re: Running The AT Max At Full Sensitivity Using Threshold Turns It Into A Beast!:nerd:
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: August 08, 2017 08:08PM
I need to work out a deal with you for that machine :rofl: :smoke:

John-Edmonton
Mine can tell me the date too.....:rofl:

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: August 08, 2017 08:19PM
I agree with you wholeheartedly about digging those targets in the fringe area of detection and I have dug them. And yes, some of them were deep IH and wheat cents. All I am saying is I wouldn't dig 17" down in any public park. Woods, at the beach, fields, etc its game on :) I have to say that CZ-21 must be running on steroids. Hang on to that machine!

synthnut
Hi John,

I agree with you that there is probably NO detector regardless of company that can accurately determine an object at fringe area's .....Acutally I haven't seen any detector accurately identify a target at depths of 12 inches or more ...... Whisper, tone , beep , squawk , and repeatable tones at these depths ? .....SURE !! ...

One of the hilights of my metal detecting times was when I was with OldBeechnut ( Joe) and EZrider (Bob) and we were at a NJ beach ....It was colder than a witches ......you get the idea .....We had a few detectors with us .....I had an AT Pro ad and a couple of other detectors ....OBN had his Hot Rodded Excal , and EZ had his CZ-21 and an Etrac ...We were burying various targets at various depths .....If I remember correctly , we took a 14ct gold wedding ring , and sent it down like 18 inches or so ....We were all laughing and saying that someone in China would take the ring it was so deep ....My AT Pro didn't stand a chance ...OBN's Excal was reading stuff pretty darn deep , but didn't even get a whisper .....EZ took out his CZ-21 that I am fortunate to own now , and he got a repeatable tone !!! .....WE ALL CHECKED the target , and the machine , and HEARD THIS THING HITTING !! ......We couldn't believe our ears ....We stood there shaking our heads ....We removed the ring , and swept the area again , and .....NO TONE !! ....We were in fact hitting that ring !!!!.....Granted , it was giving off a soft iron tone that was repeatable, but a tone just the same ......As John said, it's those targets on the fringe area's that will surely surprise you ....Jim

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: August 09, 2017 08:47PM
Want me to will it to you?:rofl:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login