Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
Garrett super sniper coil question
Posted by: ewtaylor
Date: August 06, 2017 10:29AM
I've noticed a subtle difference in the wording on some of these little black coils. Are they the same coil just worded different because of age or is one counterfeit?

Wayne

Re: Garrett super sniper coil question
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: August 06, 2017 10:45AM
Hi Wayne,

The super sniper refers to the 4.5 inch Super Sniper Searchcoil PN: 2222500 that Garrett manufactures. Sometimes I will reference to the 5x8 coil as a "super sniper" or "sniper" as it really gets in between the junk compared to the larger coils. However it really isn't called a super sniper.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/2222500_4half_super_sniper_searchcoil_en.aspx

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_searchcoils_en.aspx

Hope this helps - Jim

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: August 06, 2017 01:02PM
Thanks Jim but I'm talking about the 4.5 inch. I've seen it labeled ATpro or just AT. The ones with the "pro" are what's listed on website. Was wondering if the ones labeled just AT were counterfeit or older models.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: August 06, 2017 02:28PM
I see what you are asking. No, they are one-in-the-same. Since there are different AT models AND can all use that 4.5" sniper coil I would surmise that is why they dropped the "Pro" part. Garrett still uses the original stock photo with the "pro" on it. Either one will work.

ewtaylor
Thanks Jim but I'm talking about the 4.5 inch. I've seen it labeled ATpro or just AT. The ones with the "pro" are what's listed on website. Was wondering if the ones labeled just AT were counterfeit or older models.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: August 06, 2017 04:19PM
Thanks!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login