Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
Beach hunting the AT Pro
Posted by: Dancer
Date: August 24, 2017 04:54AM
Hunting a East Coast beach , trading off the 11" to the 9" coil. Even though the Beach is packed every day targets are hard to come by. About $2.50 to $3.00 for 3 hours, is about all I can scratch up. Even cheap jewelry is hard to find. After 2 days using the 11" coil, decided to lighten the load a bit switched to the 9". Well as I already knew from mud hunting, the nine can hit it pretty deep. One of my deepest targets was a dime. My deepest targets come while hearing about the shortest "chirp". Coaxing it by Xing the target. Just a little clear chirp. Who knows exactly, I'd guess a honest 8-10 inches. Coin musta been laying flat. A lot of you guys know what I mean. Get that one chirp, the readout can't hardly hold it. Push some sand off with your foot, see if it's a little stronger.
That's when you've hit about your machine's maximum. Squeeze play.

Re: Beach hunting the AT Pro
Date: August 24, 2017 05:04AM
Dancer
Hunting a East Coast beach , trading off the 11" to the 9" coil. Even though the Beach is packed every day targets are hard to come by. About $2.50 to $3.00 for 3 hours, is about all I can scratch up. Even cheap jewelry is hard to find. After 2 days using the 11" coil, decided to lighten the load a bit switched to the 9". Well as I already knew from mud hunting, the nine can hit it pretty deep. One of my deepest targets was a dime. My deepest targets come while hearing about the shortest "chirp". Coaxing it by Xing the target. Just a little clear chirp. Who knows exactly, I'd guess a honest 8-10 inches. Coin musta been laying flat. A lot of you guys know what I mean. Get that one chirp, the readout can't hardly hold it. Push some sand off with your foot, see if it's a little stronger.
That's when you've hit about your machine's maximum. Squeeze play.

Sorry that would be the 5x8 coil I'm talking about. Getting old.

Posted by: geo0410
Date: August 24, 2017 07:47PM
Re: Get'n old. Ya, that tape measure is get'n a bit long...

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: August 25, 2017 09:49AM
You know....that 6.5" x 9" coil is one that I have never tried on the AT Series. I always figured that it would be a decent coil for trashy areas or high mineralized dirt. I just might get my hands on one. Any other comments on that coil?

Posted by: tarajudy
Date: August 25, 2017 02:19PM
MY AT GOLD IS GREAT ONTHE BEACH. SALT AND FRESH. I mostly fresh water lake beach, but have no problem salt water dry to damp sand (low tide)

Date: August 25, 2017 05:39PM
tarajudy
MY AT GOLD IS GREAT ONTHE BEACH. SALT AND FRESH. I mostly fresh water lake beach, but have no problem salt water dry to damp sand (low tide)[/quote

Well , Tarajudy I'm only one swing from Gold Meself !

Posted by: Buddy_TX
Date: August 30, 2017 10:54PM
If you are asking about the NEL 6.5x 9 coil I love mine on the AT. hits harder and louder that the 5x8 garrett coil I have.almost the same depth as stock 8.5x 11

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Wader, 8" and 10"
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Whites Amphibian and Surfmaster TR
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Garrett S-1, S-2, S-3 TRs
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle
and a few odd balls in the back of the closet

Interesting........Thanks For That Piece Of Info:thumbup:N/T
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: August 31, 2017 07:40PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login