Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
My new adopted Max family :smile:
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: September 20, 2017 01:16PM
My new adopted "family" has arrived :smoke:

Mr. Max along with his children.

Now I need some time off to take my new family for a walk at the park.

I was just scanning coins on my living room floor and could tell the Max seemed much more "hyper" / sensitive then the AT Pro. However out in the real world is where it is going to count.

To be continued...

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 01:17PM by earthlypotluck.

Re: My new adopted Max family :smile:
Posted by: jim tn
Date: September 20, 2017 03:58PM
Looking mighty good. Like that mid size concentric coil. Now we need for you to take a full day off and go detecting and then report back to us......please kind sir! HH jim tn

Date: September 20, 2017 08:05PM
I will definitely give you a report Mr. Jim and to anyone else that is wondering. Maiden Voyage: I am going to take it to an area of a early 1900's park where they always pitched a circus size tent and many congregated. I will mainly be utilizing the concentric coil. There is tons of iron junk so I am not sure the concentric is a wise move. Nonetheless I will give it an extreme workout and report back with my findings.

To be continued....

In addition, I LOVE the wireless headphones. Super comfortable and lightweight! Extremely easy to pair to the AT Max. The beauty of not being tethered is going to take some time. I have been severely conditioned to believe I can't move too far from the detector.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 08:21PM by earthlypotluck.

Posted by: Buddy_TX
Date: September 20, 2017 08:08PM
Looks Great to me.
I also have a " Few" coils with mine, 5x8, 6x9, 8.5x11, 9x12 and a Nel 5.5x9. I find the 6x9 concentric so far to be my favorite (at the moment)

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Wader, 8" and 10"
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Whites Amphibian and Surfmaster TR
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Garrett S-1, S-2, S-3 TRs
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle
and a few odd balls in the back of the closet

Date: September 20, 2017 08:25PM
99.5% of the time I always used the 5x8 over the stock coil. What makes the 6x9 CC so appealing to you that it is your favorite? Do you use it in heavy ferrous areas? I am interested in hearing your thoughts. Thanks - Jim

Buddy_TX
Looks Great to me.
I also have a " Few" coils with mine, 5x8, 6x9, 8.5x11, 9x12 and a Nel 5.5x9. I find the 6x9 concentric so far to be my favorite (at the moment)

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: September 20, 2017 10:28PM
And a happy family you have! Is that a 6.5" x 9" PROformance concentric coil you got? Concentrics are my favorites, and I think I will order one of those.

Date: September 21, 2017 06:05AM
Yes sir. :smile:

I will say it a heavy coil for its size. Feels like a dense hockey puck. The 5x8 I can swing like a scythe :rofl:

John-Edmonton
And a happy family you have! Is that a 6.5" x 9" PROformance concentric coil you got? Concentrics are my favorites, and I think I will order one of those.

Date: September 21, 2017 11:35AM
I hunt fresh water most of the time, a little dry sand and a little wet sand. But all have high iron content, rusty bottle caps and can slaw. to me the 6x9 works really well in that environment.
The NEL 5.5x9 also is very good but to me the concentric pinpoints easier. When up Dig up to two hundred targets a trip I need all the help I can get .

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle

Date: September 21, 2017 11:43AM
John I also have the 6.5x9 But I use an after market coil cover instead of the solid bottom garrett cover, it fits like the Garrett 8.5x11 cover. The Garrett solid covers to me make the coil want to "ski" in the water. Several dealers advertize the after market for the 6x9 and 9x12. I have both coils but have not found a dealer with the after market cover to fit it.

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login